The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #138 (513 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, RR The Stallion AS, and D&G The One to finish!

Fresh Feather Pro today in the Essence…smooooooth sailin for 3 passes! Probably the best shave so far, minus a few micro cuts here and there from the sheer sharpness of the new blade. Very nice. Finished off with a spicy amber combo.

OT workout later this evening. Other than that…who knows!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday! Half way through the week!

Shave #139 (514 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Myrsol Agua De Limon AS, and DHC ‘14 to finish!

You know I had to do it! My DHC ‘14 came in yesterday so that was the focus of today’s shave!

Another 3 passer. I’m getting much better on the chin most of the time…knowing how far to take the moustache area and how to be consistent with it is still eluding me some. It was a good result today though! Only two little nicks overall. Finished with the perfect accompaniment to DHC…Myrsol Agua De Limon! Some generous sprays of DHC…so good!

I’ve gotten word and a bit of a sneak peek on my custom signet ring that I commissioned a while back for a good friend. It’s almost completed! Could do gold this time around due to absolutely exorbitant prices. Who am I kidding though, I look better in silver anyway 😂 Excited to see the finished product!

Have a great Thursday all!

Interesting, it must be a different enough shave from the Feather SS huh?
I find the shaves a fair bit smoother than the SS because of the more shallow angle I can take with the Essence. The moustache area has always been a problem for me with open bladed and even some other razors. If I go too much ATG my stubble lifts up the skin and makes it prone to being cut, even with stretching and puffing air.

Shave #140 (515 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine AB AS, and YSL Rive Gauche to finish!

Pleasant surprise to wake up this morning to the sounds of the light pitter-pattering rain drops. No telling how long it will last, but I’ll take it!

The open blade streak continues, as do the 3 passers! Great shave to close the work week. Feeling the need for a bit of a scent pick-me-up so I’m hitting the office with a generous spraying of The Gauche! So good!

I’ve noticed that the little rubber spacer/blade protector, now standard for the Essence, has been doing it’s job for sure. I believe the pad began life flat and I don’t ever close the razor hard, but the pad now has a noticeable “v” shaped cut into the padding where the blade contacts it. I shudder to think what might happen to the scales or the blade edge without it!

Happy Friday y’all! Almost to that weekend!

Shave #141 (516 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Versace Pour Homme to finish!

What’s to say? Average Saturday for me for the most part. Slept in a tad (does 30-45 minutes past your normal work day wake-up even count?🤔😂), then got in an OT workout. Out for a nice breakfast double date with some friends after. Then back home for chores.

Self cleanup started a bit later than normal, so I opted to do one of my very very rare 2 pass only shaves with the Essence. Definitely not BBS in most areas…probably DFS range. Usually I have only used Versace for my late night, post-workout showers because it’s something light and clean before I hit the pillow, but decided to put it on full blast for what’s left of the day. Great decision!

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Back