The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #134 (509 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Speick AS, and ADP Colonia Intensa to finish!

I’m still alive! For the first time in many years, the missus and I did as the young people do and went to the concert mentioned. Long drive to get into LA but we arrived in time for a quick bite and to find a good spot to stand in the venue (yep…3 hours of standing room only after a 3 hour drive in; we were youngins for the night, remember?). One opener who was pretty dang good for her genre (Lara Lynn I believe?) and then the headliner (Penny & Sparrow). Songs weren’t quite my style but they did a pretty good job, very engaging with the crowd and fun performers. Trip home took half the time and we made it in by 12:30am.

Up at 7:30 for our semi-usual Saturday. OT workout and some professionally brewed joe. Then to a friend’s house for a couple hours for a college graduate celebration. Then home for chores and clean up.

Running purely on coffee right now lol.

Made the commitment and did a 3 pass today with the Essence, no touch up/clean up with a DE. Biggest win was no blood loss, just took my time and kept a light hand. Second biggest win was the result! Didn’t seem like it when I finished, but now that my skin is normalized, for that extra time and effort I got a pretty comparable shave to my normal shaves, skin doesn’t feel irritated at all, and my cheeks are crazy smooth right now! All this with a well used Feather! Couldn’t have done it with the SS and the same blade, something that used doing a 3rd pass would have been disastrous. The shallower angle the Essence allows really does make a difference.

Still disassembling and wiping down after each use…really hoping the parts can hold up to it!

Finishing up chores and the rest of the day should be pretty chill.

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Shave #135 (510 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Spartan Burl brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine AB AS, and Fine AB EDT to finish!

Up for church! Definitely some joe also 😴 my body is just not catching up this weekend.

Enough time for another 3 passer with the Essence! Decapitated one developing zit, other than that it was another good shave almost entirely BBS. Still having some issue on the chin and moustache area. The tendency is to want to push the shave farther than necessary because it feels like there’s a lot of stubble when the face is all wet and plumped up, but the dry down result is usually very different.

Anyway. Chores done for this week, except some grocery shopping. Low 70s today with some loose cloud cover. Should be warm but nice.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #136 (511 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Ugh…Monday.

Considerably livened it up at least by doing a 3 pass with the Essence. A 3 pass open blade shave…on a Monday morning? I know right!? No blood loss and a good shave. Great, fresh, green, woody combo to close it off!

Have a great Monday all…go kick butt!

Shave #137 (512 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Original to finish!

Another 3 pass today. Definitely takes a little extra time but I’m enjoying it! I do need to change the blade out now though. Today’s shave was a bit more rough in some spots, particularly ATG. Finished up with the wonderful DHO!

Random power outage this morning as we’re all getting ready. Hopefully doesn’t last too long. Pretty sure I paid this months bill already 😂👍

Have a great Tuesday all!

Back