The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #129 (504 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Skin Bracer, and D&G The One to finish!

Well, the beach hangout didn’t exactly go as planned. Super windy day and whiney youngins, so after about 45 minutes of roughing it out, we walked downtown for a bit, grabbed some lunch then had a chill rest of the day at home. Helped the missus do a jigsaw puzzle.

Back to the grind today! Probably the best, smoothest shave with the Essence today, so far. Found a workable hold (literally just had to adjust a finger placement) and kept a nice, light touch. 2+1 and I was on my way! Finished off with modern Skin Bracer and D&G The One.

Not much else going on this week. The missus and I are going to a concert in LA Friday for one of her favorite groups. Have to schedule a supervised patient visit with the boss for my annual review before the end of the month. About a month left before the kids start their summer break.

Have a great Monday all!
Yikes! Sorry the day at the beach didn't go well. 😕

Shave #130 (505 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Rochas Moustache EDT to finish!

Decent finish to the day yesterday with an OT workout and then Panda Express for dinner. The workout happened to be their “Everest” one though…where there’s a 13 minute or so series of inclines on the tread going “up”, topping out at level 15, then just a tad faster going back down. Totally doable, but the challenge is to go as “far” and fast as possible. Sure tired from that this morning 😂

Another great shave in the books. Courted disaster once with a careless swipe, but came away surprisingly unscathed. Finished up with a freshie combo.

Supposedly the last day with 60s weather for the next week. A stretch of a wide range of 70s forecasted next.

Have a great Tuesday all!

Decent finish to the day yesterday with an OT workout and then Panda Express for dinner.
Yummy!!!

giphy.gif

The workout happened to be their “Everest” one though…where there’s a 13 minute or so series of inclines on the tread going “up”, topping out at level 15, then just a tad faster going back down. Totally doable, but the challenge is to go as “far” and fast as possible. Sure tired from that this morning
It’s awesome you’re still pushing yourself

Sometimes is better to be lucky than lucky to be good.

Everytime I see Panda anything I think of this…..

View attachment 82492
While not “real” Chinese food, I do love it occasionally…the only real bad part is that I probably blew the calorie burn I worked so hard for during the work out out of the water 😂
It’s awesome you’re still pushing yourself
Thanks! It feels good to be in some kind of shape 😂
You say panda and I think of this guy....

View attachment 82501

He's the Golden Knights goalie and his nickname is Panda. He's a REALLLLLYYYY big guy.
I would have said baseball’s Pablo Sandoval!

Shave #131 (506 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Proraso Red AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Another groggy morning. But I’m up! IDT meeting this morning, so gotta be timely!

Great shave this morning! If this continues, I may feel up to trying a 3 pass with the Essence come Saturday. Finished up with a nice fresh, green, woody combo. Ready to go!

Another OT workout later this evening. Been enjoying playing Elden Ring in the little spare time I’ve had. My first introduction to the Souls universe and gameplay. Not quite what I expected, but fun so far!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Been enjoying playing Elden Ring in the little spare time I’ve had. My first introduction to the Souls universe and gameplay. Not quite what I expected, but fun so far!
That's a wild looking game! These games today are on the verge of photorealism! Me? I still like hooking up my old Nintendo from time to time and rocking some original Legend of Zelda. 😄

giphy.gif

A few hours of sunshine should burn that off so you can see clearly.
View attachment 82577
The sleep in my eyes this morning wasn’t quite that bad 😜
That's a wild looking game! These games today are on the verge of photorealism! Me? I still like hooking up my old Nintendo from time to time and rocking some original Legend of Zelda. 😄

giphy.gif
Yes! The graphics are amazing! Nothing wrong with a good vintage game though…many of them are still holding up much better than some of the newer junk hitting the download stores.
Great shave and have a great day my friend!
Thanks Brian!

Shave #132 (507 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘12 to finish!

Another day, on the way!

Good shave today. Glad I’m continuing to get through them without blood loss (*knock on wood*). This 3 Pines is a fantastic smelling soap but for some reason it seems to dry out a bit more quickly than some of Chris’ other formulations…maybe the scent oils have something to do with that? I feel like I get a pretty dang good lather otherwise. Finished up with the superb DHS ‘12. So good.

Volleyball team’s banquet dinner this evening, for the end of the season. The school’s varsity team sadly did not make it to the finals, losing their away match this last weekend. Off season starts next week and everyone is already looking forward to summer camps to build skills.

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #133 (508 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Skin Bracer AS, and Dior Homme Eau to finish!

Should be a fairly chill day ahead. Only half a work day to worry about, and not much going on at that. So I’ll be trying to work from home.

Banquet dinner was nice last night, all the players and coaches got honored appropriately. Helped us to see how well my eldest had gelled with the rest of the team, sometimes that hard to see when you’ve got a quiet, slightly quirky kid.

Great shave this morning after sleeping in just a tad. Usual suspects, rounded off with Skin Bracer and Dior Homme Eau. Delightful.

After the kids get home from school, the missus and I are off to LA for an evening on the town and a concert from one of her current favorite bands (Penny & Sparrow). Hoping for a nice night.

Happy Friday all! Ya made it!

Back