The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #127 (502 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Speick AS, and DH ‘20 to finish!

Sorry adoring fans, no video! Busy morning with a workout and squeezing in a little bit of chores before cleaning up and heading downtown for an early Mother’s Day brunch at a favorite spot.

Just as well I didn’t take a video because I got my first zinger from the Essence. Came down at the wrong angle on the rounding of the chin and got a decent weeper. Had to revert to my 2 passes +1 to finish. Not ready for a full 3 yet I guess! Thankfully it closed up some with an application of the alum.

First wearing of DH ‘20 today! It’s pretty nice so far! I can see where some folks related it to Terre D’Hermes a bit…the opening is very similar in feel. But honestly that’s very fleeting…I’m only 15 minutes into it but I’m getting something very Homme-ish. Right now I don’t feel like it was that far of a departure from the OG as folks made it out to be. It’s just different enough, especially without the iris, to justify it.

Have a great Saturday all!

You know what they say....
View attachment 82276
There are people, me included, who had an album by Linda Ronstadt that included Cat Stevens' "First cut is the deepest". However, she and her record company claim she never recorded it. Her version was the first I'd heard and then I got the Stevens' version, some time later I got the Rod Stewart version, this was all in the '70's and I was buying vinyl albums. From the Ronstadt album I listened and wrote down the words and figured out the guitar chords and along with some friends we would do our best to play and sing the thing. At some point I wanted to listen to the Ronstadt album but the song was not to be found anywhere. Decades later I looked on the internet and found that such an album doesn't exist!!! But I found that a whole bunch of people remember it like I do, it's like someone changed history.

Here it is live, but she never put it on a record.
I saw her perform live in a medium-sized venue, but don't remember if she sang this song. Unfortunately, the most memorable moments of the show came from a woman a couple rows in front of us. She was clearly not in touch with reality, I think some form of schizophrenia. She kept bellowing obscenities as loudly as she could. Very distracting. The music was good, though.

She is in town this weekend ( her home town) and they are re-naming the Tucson Convention Center the Linda Ronstadt Performing Arts Center. Now she has that, her brother ( former Police Chief ) has the Ronstadt Transit Center so the family is well represented here in the "Old Pueblo"

I saw her perform live in a medium-sized venue, but don't remember if she sang this song. Unfortunately, the most memorable moments of the show came from a woman a couple rows in front of us. She was clearly not in touch with reality, I think some form of schizophrenia. She kept bellowing obscenities as loudly as she could. Very distracting. The music was good, though.
She must have taken the blue pill! o_O

Shave #128 (503 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Mandom AS, and TF Oud Minerale to finish!

Off to church!

Great shave this morning. Went back to basics and slowed it down. Switched up a couple pass movements to help. Helped that the Clown Puke tub always provides an excellent lather. No blood loss doing my 2 +1 passes.

Momma’s brunch out went well yesterday and she was pleased with her gift and cards. She’s requested beach time today, so we’ll be packing some snack and the new beach tent later and spending a good chunk of the day out there!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #129 (504 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Skin Bracer, and D&G The One to finish!

Well, the beach hangout didn’t exactly go as planned. Super windy day and whiney youngins, so after about 45 minutes of roughing it out, we walked downtown for a bit, grabbed some lunch then had a chill rest of the day at home. Helped the missus do a jigsaw puzzle.

Back to the grind today! Probably the best, smoothest shave with the Essence today, so far. Found a workable hold (literally just had to adjust a finger placement) and kept a nice, light touch. 2+1 and I was on my way! Finished off with modern Skin Bracer and D&G The One.

Not much else going on this week. The missus and I are going to a concert in LA Friday for one of her favorite groups. Have to schedule a supervised patient visit with the boss for my annual review before the end of the month. About a month left before the kids start their summer break.

Have a great Monday all!

Back