The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Glad the BDay Boy enjoyed it and have fun whale watching!
Thanks Brian!

We struck out on the whale watching…great few hours out in the water, beautiful day, pretty nice seas…just no whales. We did see some sea lions, a sun fish, and briefly a shark fin. Thankfully they’ve got a “guarantee” though, so we get to go back out at some point for free. 😎👍

Shave #121 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, RR The Stallion AS, and DHO to finish!

Up for church! Been waking up before my alarm the last couple days…must be getting old 😂. Thankfully I was able to doze back off a bit and wait it out.

Great shave this morning. Usual suspects with Stallion to spice things up a bit and lay the way for DHO. I find myself more and more wanting to just use my Dior Homme frags exclusively. Must resist….somewhat! Blessed to have so many great scents in my collection!

Not much going on today. Some catch up on chores to do.

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

Shave #122 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne to finish!

Didn’t get much sleep last night. Brain wouldn’t shut off and I have a memorial to perform this morning. Thankfully I still feel relatively rested enough at the moment.

Good shave this morning. No battle damage, which was the overarching goal, particularly today. Nice, green, fresh setup, with the woody/almond Ideal Cologne to close things out.

Y’all have a great Monday!

Shave #123 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix w/ a dash of Royall Vetiver, Pitralon Classic AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia to finish!

Bleary-eyed morning. Good workout last night, felt great after, but seems to have added to my tiredness this morning.

Great shave at least! Same basic set up, just some tweaks to the finishing scents. Smelling good 😎👍

The Essence is still in limbo, with no updates. I believe Tedalus quotes 5-8 business days for delivery, which would make tomorrow the last day in that window. Thinking it’s randomly gonna show up on my doorstep this week, marked delivered 😂

Have a great Tuesday all!

usps-truck-fire.jpg

Shave #124 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Original to finish!

Less tired today thankfully. Still woke up before the alarm.

Super duper shaves continue with the BB. Switched up the scents today to my less fresh, more manly combos. Smelling real good 😎👍

The Essence updated randomly twice in the last day. Marking some kind of travel and shuffling within the same sorting facility. Pretty sure that’s a lie…better be! That’d put it at 4 days jostling around one mail center. 😂

Whatever!

Have a great Wednesday all…just about half way to that weekend!

(Men, don’t forget Mother’s Day is this weekend)

The Essence updated randomly twice in the last day. Marking some kind of travel and shuffling within the same sorting facility. Pretty sure that’s a lie…better be! That’d put it at 4 days jostling around one mail center.
Oh man, that thing is used for sure now

Back