The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #114 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Proraso Red AS, and Tom Ford Oud Minerale to finish!

Fun little date night to close up yesterday, after the missus and eldest got back from the tournament (which our school team won!). Up for a decent cup o joe and then off to church this morning!

Great shave to start the day. Not much new in the way of hardware/software usage. I do need to pick what my next secondary soap in rotation is going to be alongside the Clown Puke tub. I’m thinking my 2oz tub of CBL 3 Pines…probably supplemented with plenty of Moos and Pitralon usage!

Was able to finish my chores yesterday, so today should be pretty chill.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Sounds like a perfect end to the day yesterday - Volleyball Victory (Patent Pending) and Date Nite with the Wife (can’t think of anything that rhymes - sorry)……

Not much new in the way of hardware/software usage
But big, big, big News in the way of a piece of hardware coming your way!!!

Shave #115 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, RR Big Bruce brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix w/ dash of Royall Muske, and Dior Homme Original to finish!

Ugh…Monday already?! Here we go!

Tired this morning…lingering effects of the ‘Rona I’m thinking - a little extra tiredness and some extra morning congestion. Great shave at least! The BB winning streak continues so far; will it stay in until the Tedalus arrives? We shall see! I got my shipping notification this morning.

More catch up and refunding my groove back at work this week. Perhaps an OT workout later this evening?

Have a great Monday all!

Shave #115 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, RR Big Bruce brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix w/ dash of Royall Muske, and Dior Homme Original to finish!

Ugh…Monday already?! Here we go!

Tired this morning…lingering effects of the ‘Rona I’m thinking - a little extra tiredness and some extra morning congestion. Great shave at least! The BB winning streak continues so far; will it stay in until the Tedalus arrives? We shall see! I got my shipping notification this morning.

More catch up and refunding my groove back at work this week. Perhaps an OT workout later this evening?

Have a great Monday all!
14611081_1223759364346816_4647887751952672810_n.jpg

Have a great one brother! :)

Shave #116 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Rochas Moustache EDT to finish!

Great shave to start the day! I love the sticky woody piney smell of tree sap! Chris’ 3 pines captures a lot of that essence…a bit reminiscent of Stirling Christmas Eve but less sweet and the pine/sap is pumped waaay up! Finished with some Pitralon Classic and a heap of Moustache EDT spritzes…excellent!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Shave #117 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and ADG Profumo to finish!

Midweek and great weather ahead. Wish it included rain…but 60s/70s n sunny will have to do!

Excellent shave this morning! The Astra in the BB is getting a little rough. Wish I knew where the Tedalus was on its journey…it left Zurich two days ago and tracking hasn’t been updated. It’s probably arrived in some American terminal by now…waiting to be scanned. Finished up with the old formula Fine Platinum and some healthy spritzes of ADG Profumo! Smelling good!

Middle son’s birthday weekend ahead. The original plan was to go explore around San Nicolas island (Island of the Blue Dolphins) but the only accessible docks happen to be closed for a few months for repairs…bummer! He’s decided he wants to go whale watching for a few hours instead now. Should be interesting! The kids have never really been on an extended boat tour. Gonna need to pack the Dramamine 😂

IDT today and some patient visits…OT workout later.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

92A17C20-DFA9-415F-B42B-4C07BC6F7E36.gif

Smelling good!
giphy.gif

Back