The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #117 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and ADG Profumo to finish!

Midweek and great weather ahead. Wish it included rain…but 60s/70s n sunny will have to do!

Excellent shave this morning! The Astra in the BB is getting a little rough. Wish I knew where the Tedalus was on its journey…it left Zurich two days ago and tracking hasn’t been updated. It’s probably arrived in some American terminal by now…waiting to be scanned. Finished up with the old formula Fine Platinum and some healthy spritzes of ADG Profumo! Smelling good!

Middle son’s birthday weekend ahead. The original plan was to go explore around San Nicolas island (Island of the Blue Dolphins) but the only accessible docks happen to be closed for a few months for repairs…bummer! He’s decided he wants to go whale watching for a few hours instead now. Should be interesting! The kids have never really been on an extended boat tour. Gonna need to pack the Dramamine 😂

IDT today and some patient visits…OT workout later.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

View attachment 81433
I had mine in hand before tracking was updated.

giphy.gif
83D77266-F428-47B3-9B26-3B1D36F9A492.gif
I had mine in hand before tracking was updated.
I will definitely be hoping for that then!
EA34D275-B4AE-4768-AD7F-6CDD1B5F8850.jpeg

Shave #118 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Guerlain Vetiver to finish!

Tired this morning. Still dealing with Rona after effects. Boooo.

Let the blade go for one more shave…mistake! Shoulda switched it out, probably yesterday. So I paid for it with a couple nicks here n there. Still, the 3 Pines lather was excellent and it was comboed with Pitralon Classic and Guerlain Vetiver today FTW!

Hope y’all have a great Thursday!

Shave #118 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Pitralon Classic AS, and Guerlain Vetiver to finish!

Tired this morning. Still dealing with Rona after effects. Boooo.

Let the blade go for one more shave…mistake! Shoulda switched it out, probably yesterday. So I paid for it with a couple nicks here n there. Still, the 3 Pines lather was excellent and it was comboed with Pitralon Classic and Guerlain Vetiver today FTW!

Hope y’all have a great Thursday!
The view outside Chris's wash room this morning..

giphy.gif

Shave #119 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

The Tedalus moved from the sorting facility in NY to customs and them on to another sorting facility in NY. Ah the American postal system…who care if I’m bringing in a Swiss made katana into the States? Pffft. Bring that baby home!
151F3EC4-31E6-4E39-B525-CF0BCB4ACBEC.gif

Great shave this morning. Remembered to swap the blade out yesterday which smoothed things out immensely. Finished up with a Fine Platinum AS/Rochas Moustache EDP combo…nice Hawaiian shirt on…ready to rock this Friday!

Birthday dinner out for the the middle son tonight. He’s requested going to a steak house, so everyone is looking forward to that!

Happy Friday all…almost there!

Shave #119 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

The Tedalus moved from the sorting facility in NY to customs and them on to another sorting facility in NY. Ah the American postal system…who care if I’m bringing in a Swiss made katana into the States? Pffft. Bring that baby home!
View attachment 81590

Great shave this morning. Remembered to swap the blade out yesterday which smoothed things out immensely. Finished up with a Fine Platinum AS/Rochas Moustache EDP combo…nice Hawaiian shirt on…ready to rock this Friday!

Birthday dinner out for the the middle son tonight. He’s requested going to a steak house, so everyone is looking forward to that!

Happy Friday all…almost there!
Happy Birthday to your son!! 🥳 🎂

Happy Birthday to your son!!
Thanks Ryan!
Happy Birthday to your son!! 🥳 🎂
Thanks Mark!
I fear the Black Beauty's days as a regular use razor are numbered.

Oh, I dunno…it’s been doing a pretty good job! I may like it as much, possibly more than the Fatboy shaves! Shocking! It’ll definitely see more use.
Happy Birthday to your son! Steakhouse FTW!
Thanks Tim! Yes, definitely looking forward to tonight…trying out a new spot!

Shave #120 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL 3 Pines soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix w/ dash of Royall Muske, and DHS ‘12 to finish!

Typical Saturday morning so far, with an OT workout and a cup o local joe downtown. Dinner last night was good, expensive (we tried out Chuck’s of Hawaii), nothing really to write home about though…at least the birthday boy enjoyed it!

Great cleanup post-workout as we get ready to go whale watching. Crossing our fingers we get some good sightings in. Nice fresh setup with DHS ‘12 to seal the deal…superb!

Chores on hold for the time being. Should be a good outing with family though!

The Tedalus is back to radio silence…moving (or not) through the mysterious US mail system…

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Back