The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #109 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and DHS ‘12 to finish!

Here we go…back to the routine! I’m sure there’s a billion things to try and catch up on! 😵

Great shave at least! Today is going to be in the 70s and sunny, with a wind advisory. So I went with a lighter scent combo today. 3 smooth passes with the BB and I’m ready to go!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Shave #110 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Azzaro Pour Homme to finish!

Tired this morning. Just continued after effects I’m sure.

Another great shave in the books! One or two more on the CBL 50 SoV and it’ll have to go to the Clown Puke tub. Pulled out the Barbasol Pacific Rush that hasn’t been used in a while…excellent! Finished with Azzaro PH, even though it doesn’t quite match everything else. Thankfully the other scents are fairly fleeting.

Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #111 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix w/ British Sterling dashed in, and Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne to finish!

Still a bit tired this morning but at least the day ended up well enough yesterday that I felt OK to go do my first OT workout class in nearly 3 weeks; made it all the way though with just a little extra rest time between blocks.

Great shave this morning. The BB continues to deliver and this 50 SoV is just a great smelling, great working, simple shave soap! Have a small travel bottle of British Sterling that doesn’t get pulled out often, not sure if it’s a frag or AS; so I used that today with some of my witch hazel so it could act as an AS. Topped off with Ideal Cologne FTW!

A couple deliveries coming in…a frag one today from a purchase and hopefully a table too game one tomorrow from a long awaited Kickstarter project. Looking forward to both!

Have a great Thursday all!

I almost used that frag this morning! I went back and forth - love the scents! I laughed when you mentioned British Stirling - I thought the same thing - is this a cologne or AS.

I can’t wait for the pics of your game - Have a great day!

I almost used that frag this morning! I went back and forth - love the scents! I laughed when you mentioned British Stirling - I thought the same thing - is this a cologne or AS.

I can’t wait for the pics of your game - Have a great day!
Thanks Brian! Hope you have a great day too!

Shave #112 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Mandom AS, and Dior Homme Original to finish!

So glad it’s Friday!

Great shave this morning with my new and improved Clown Puke tub…added in the rest of the 50 SoV and a random smidge of CBL Norse Spice that I found languishing in the soaps stacks. Excellent! Finished up with Dior Homme Original, which is a fairly new release from the house; Dior took their flagship Homme and totally changed the formula…then released this as a new flanker in the line, but it’s actually a formulation of one of their original Hommes. Confusing, I know. Essentially this is a copy of the 2011 (?) Homme. If DHI and DHP are too strong or feel too formal for you, this is much more accessible. Most similar to DHI but lighter overall. Still superb and definitely has that classic Homme DNA.

One more shift to the weekend! Hang in there dudes!

Just reading your breakdown of Dior's Homme evolution had my brain spinning! Not making it easy for people to know what they're buying, are they?!

Happy Friday Chris!

Just reading your breakdown of Dior's Homme evolution had my brain spinning! Not making it easy for people to know what they're buying, are they?!

Happy Friday Chris!
No, it’s a very confusing switch up to one of their landmark fragrances! The newer Homme doesn’t even have iris! I hear it’s still a good frag, just different, likely more mass appealing.

Thanks Ryan!

Shave #113 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deci brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Speick AS, and Dior Homme Eau to finish!

Another semi-normal Saturday in progress…at least for me. The missus and eldest hit the road this morning headed south a ways for his last official volleyball tournament of the season. For me it was an OT workout and chores.

Why yes I did have a chance to clean up and shave! A warm water shave today, which was a nice change from my usual cool/cold water shaves during the week. The BB is doing such a great job that I decided to give it a little extra time. We have a Young Life sponsor dinner later tonight so I finished off with my first full wearing of DHE…splendid! When that iris comes out to play 🤤 mouthwatering! Then it blends into a creamy/caramely sweetness with a woody green tinge around the edges. Masterpiece!

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday too!

Back