The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #106 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Mandom AS, and Versace Pour Homme to finish!

Yep I shaved today…also took the opportunity to sleep in some bed lazily go about my weekend chores 😂

Great shave. First time using a Black Beauty/Super Adjustable! I believe it to be a 1970 “Super 84” due to its all metal construction and Slim-length black handle (P2 date code; PAT OFE). This one was gifted to me by a friend before my move, who’s father used is do traditional shaving (may have been a barber, can’t remember…he passed along one of his SRs to me too). This thing came to me all gummed up and a bit gross, with an old blade still in it. Cleaned it up as best could a while ago, just never got around to using it. Put it on Setting 3 and went to town. I have to admit…it might have been nicer than a Fatboy shave! I’ll be using this guy the rest of the week!

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Shave #107 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Spartan Burl brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Happy Easter to all who participate!

Another great shave this morning from the BB. Decided to experiment a bit and put on Fine Platinum AS as a base prior to applying DHP. Pretty good! It adds a little extra spice and smokiness.

Feeling better today. Hopefully, come Tuesday, I’ll be ready to head back in to work.

Off to grab coffee and a bite before having a special church service, on the beach this morning!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #108 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix w/ English Leather splashed in, and Guerlain Vetiver to finish!

Up early to get the kids to school while the missus is in class herself. Thankfully I get this one last day to officially “recoup” before heading back into the office and getting back to work. Except for fatigue and some minor sinus junk, I’m continuing to improve.

Great shave this morning. Decided to do the splash-in-the-witch hazel again. Not sure if this English Leather is an EDT or AS, but that’s what I used 😂. Followed up by generous spritzes of Guerlain Vetiver.

Happy Monday all! Hope she treats ya well!

Shave #108 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix w/ English Leather splashed in, and Guerlain Vetiver to finish!

Up early to get the kids to school while the missus is in class herself. Thankfully I get this one last day to officially “recoup” before heading back into the office and getting back to work. Except for fatigue and some minor sinus junk, I’m continuing to improve.

Great shave this morning. Decided to do the splash-in-the-witch hazel again. Not sure if this English Leather is an EDT or AS, but that’s what I used 😂. Followed up by generous spritzes of Guerlain Vetiver.

Happy Monday all! Hope she treats ya well!
Hope you enjoy your remaining recovery day! Great shave!

Did the kids recovery quickly - or do they still feel the remnants of everything?

Back