The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #100 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Schick Twin blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Lucky Tiger AS, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!

Chill Sunday ahead, which is great, because I’m tired!

Superb shave to start my day. The weather cooled immensely over the last day’s time, so some warmer scents were in order. Saw Lucky Tiger lurking, unloved (though I do like it quite a bit), in the back of my AS shelf so I brought it out. Brought DHI in with me to close the shave but remembered last minute that I hadn’t used Sauvage Elixir for quite some time, so I swapped DHI out. Excellent decision! A couple well placed sprays of Elixir will keep may olfactory senses pleased all day long!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #100 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Schick Twin blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Lucky Tiger AS, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!

Chill Sunday ahead, which is great, because I’m tired!

Superb shave to start my day. The weather cooled immensely over the last day’s time, so some warmer scents were in order. Saw Lucky Tiger lurking, unloved (though I do like it quite a bit), in the back of my AS shelf so I brought it out. Brought DHI in with me to close the shave but remembered last minute that I hadn’t used Sauvage Elixir for quite some time, so I swapped DHI out. Excellent decision! A couple well placed sprays of Elixir will keep may olfactory senses pleased all day long!

Have a blessed Sunday all!
Bringing out the big guns for fragrances!

Shave #101 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Schick Twin blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Rochas Moustache EDT to finish!

Yep I did shave today!

Not a whole lot going on really. Just another meh Monday!

Hope you’re all well and off to a great start for the week!

Shave #102 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Schick Twin blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, CF Sherlock AS, and Ralph Lauren Chaps to finish!

From 90s to windy, freezing temps in days! It was super windy and cold last night! Weirdness!

The busyness continues. Great shave to kick the day off.

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #103 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Schick Twin blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Just swimming along! Should be a beautiful day today. This week has been a strange one…looking forward to the end of it!

Have a great Wednesday all…half way there!

This week has been a strange one…looking forward to the end of it!
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Shave #104 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Schick Twin blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix w/ Royall Muske dashed in, and ADP Colonia to finish!

Another day cometh…
90CB6CC6-2E5F-4A2C-A055-1B96B5FD2DC9.gif

Hope you’re all having a great week!

Shave #105 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Schick Twin blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Myrsol Agua De Limon AS, and 2012 Dior Homme Sport to finish!

Well…now that the family is mostly out of the woods and recovering…I can say that the reason entries have been weird is that starting with the oldest, through the rest of my boys, to me, then finally the missus, we all got the ‘Rona. Thankfully the worst of it was only sever allergy symptoms. The boys are back in school as of yesterday with clear tests. Thankful it’s all most over.

This morning’s shave was a fairly perfect combination of products. CBL 50 SoV + Myrsol Agua De Limon + DHS ‘12 all meshed together beautifully in a symphony of citruses and light woods. Bellissimo!
7163AF19-837D-4D61-B734-C7A2BBE9CD16.gif

Hope you’re all doing well going into today…it’s Friday! Woohoo!

Back