The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #97 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette NEW LC, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine AB AS, and Fine AB EDT to finish!

It’s Thursday! Not much to note really! Though if you saw the “What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered” thread, you probably saw my Dior Homme Sport 2012 find. The first of my attempts to round out my Dior Homme line which I love so much.

This particular Sport is the second iteration under the Homme Sport title but interestingly the only Sport iteration that includes Tuscan Iris as the Homme line is kind of known for. Otherwise it’s main notes include citron, ginger, cedar, and various other “green” notes. Most sport frags are blueish…this leans greenish. Supposed to be a great year round frag, even in summer, but still with some refinement and class. Looking forward to trying it!

The Sport and regular Homme iterations have undergone a lot of formula changes over the years, with notable differences. I probably won’t pause all of them, but instead pick the best representation from each…which I feel I did with Sport 2012. There’s also an Eau and a Cologne to be sought out.

Anyways…great shave this morning! Shook things up for the work day with some Fine AB usage. So I’m smelling grand!

Have a great Thursday all!
You’re too young - but I think a few of us remember that Thursdays used to be the day to be excited about - and this will show you how old - NBC was the top TV channel. Thursdays was stay at home TV night - so in the 80’s you had Cheers and the 90‘s brought us Friends and Seinfeld. Those were the days you young whipper snapper 😂

The cologne sounds superb! Have a great day!

You’re too young - but I think a few of us remember that Thursdays used to be the day to be excited about - and this will show you how old - NBC was the top TV channel. Thursdays was stay at home TV night - so in the 80’s you had Cheers and the 90‘s brought us Friends and Seinfeld. Those were the days you young whipper snapper 😂

The cologne sounds superb! Have a great day!
I remember those days…back when you had to wait a week for the new episodes to come out 😂

Surprised you didn’t wear your JPG Le Male Old Man today old timer! 😜

Shave #98 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette NEW LC, Astra SP blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, LNHC Barber Shoppe post shave elixir, and ADP Colonia to finish!

Another hot day yesterday…and today. Supposed to start cooling down tomorrow thankfully.

Great shave to wake me up and get my butt in gear for this Friday work day. Some no-brained scents thorn together…resulting in excellence!

TSC Bingo Game 40 starts right now! Feel free to sign up and play along if you haven’t already!

Happy Friday Chris! Light it up!

giphy.gif

Hav
Shave #98 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette NEW LC, Astra SP blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, LNHC Barber Shoppe post shave elixir, and ADP Colonia to finish!

Another hot day yesterday…and today. Supposed to start cooling down tomorrow thankfully.

Great shave to wake me up and get my butt in gear for this Friday work day. Some no-brained scents thorn together…resulting in excellence!

TSC Bingo Game 40 starts right now! Feel free to sign up and play along if you haven’t already!
Have a most fantastic day! I will say my disdain for the Bingo string 😂

I'm not quite in the right frame of mind yet to try my open comb razors. I fear the aggression. And the real shame is that I really want to use my '06 single ring.

I'm not quite in the right frame of mind yet to try my open comb razors. I fear the aggression. And the real shame is that I really want to use my '06 single ring.
Compared to some of what’s out there - ie Fatip or r41, they’re not too bad. I do hear that single rings can be fairly aggressive though. NEW LC or SC are some nice shaves though!

Shave #99 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Schick Twin blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Speick AS, and 2012 Dior Homme Sport to finish!

Mellow day here at home. Chores in progress. Thankful it’s not going to be another scorcher!

Shave today was pretty good! Pulled out the best injector ever made, the Schick M Adjustable of course, with its perfectly mated Schick Twin blade combo. One pleasant surprise was the arrival of my 2012 DHS a couple days early….so I finished the shave with some Speick and layered on some moderate spritzes of DHS. Yum! It starts off with a creamy smooth citron/citron rind and ginger burst, then the signature iris slowly creeps in as the top notes fade some but don’t disappear all together. Then the green/cedar base comes out for some extra depth. Very nice! Hoping it performs well; so far so good!

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Nah! Sometimes you have to know what a scent is before you can compare and place it. It’s not every day you’d get a chance to know what each individual scent in a 5+ scent mixture is.
Yeah, that makes sense. With myself, I can't tell if the power of suggestion isn't leading me to smell certain scents. Regardless, it's a moot point for me. ;)

Back