The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #94 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette NEW LC, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Guerlain Vetiver to finish!

Ah Monday…nemesis of the working modern working person everywhere.

Great, freshie shave to start the week. The 50 SoV should go relatively quickly I’m thinking. This was a basic formula that emulated MdC I think. Super easy lathering and Chris added some soy I believe to pump up the face feel. Makes me want to grab some MdC at some point for sure! Finished with Moos and Guerlain ftw!

Hope you all have a great Monday!
Have a great week Chris!

Shave #95 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette NEW LC, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Rochas Moustache EDT to finish!

Up a bit early for a Dr check up I was able to squeeze in before work. Definitely gonna need some coffee after 😂

Pretty much a repeat shave this morning. Only changed the brush and frag. Repeat success!

Hope y’all have a great Tuesday!

Shave #95 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette NEW LC, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Rochas Moustache EDT to finish!

Up a bit early for a Dr check up I was able to squeeze in before work. Definitely gonna need some coffee after 😂

Pretty much a repeat shave this morning. Only changed the brush and frag. Repeat success!

Hope y’all have a great Tuesday!
Coffee or a stiff drink?

How do you like the Moustache? I‘ve been so close to pulling the trigger on it or Eau de Rochas Homme.

Coffee or a stiff drink?

How do you like the Moustache? I‘ve been so close to pulling the trigger on it or Eau de Rochas Homme.
Ended up finding the coffee first 😂👍

The Moustache EDT is nice for summer wear, though one does have to overspray quite a bit. Same vein of scent as 4711, that’s to say more citrus and powder.

The EDP is a fantastic, date night type sexy scent, totally opposite of the EDT. Not tries Eau de Rochas, but I’ve seen it pop up here n there.

Shave #96 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette NEW LC, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, RR The Stallion AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Ended up getting to 90° yesterday and didn’t start cooling down till late night…I a coastal city where most homes don’t have AC that’s 🥵 unfortunately that’ll continue the next few days.

Great shave though to get my day rolling! Brought out the alternate soap and followed up yesterday’s Moustache EDT use with the EDP today. Yum! 😎👍

It’s Wednesday! Hang in there folks!

Ended up getting to 90° yesterday and didn’t start cooling down till late night…I a coastal city where most homes don’t have AC that’s 🥵 unfortunately that’ll continue the next few days.
Time to get a sleeveless dress shirt for work

Now imaging that heat......but with no sea breezes. And add in gambling 24/7.

I do miss living by the beach,.

Shave #97 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette NEW LC, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine AB AS, and Fine AB EDT to finish!

It’s Thursday! Not much to note really! Though if you saw the “What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered” thread, you probably saw my Dior Homme Sport 2012 find. The first of my attempts to round out my Dior Homme line which I love so much.

This particular Sport is the second iteration under the Homme Sport title but interestingly the only Sport iteration that includes Tuscan Iris as the Homme line is kind of known for. Otherwise it’s main notes include citron, ginger, cedar, and various other “green” notes. Most sport frags are blueish…this leans greenish. Supposed to be a great year round frag, even in summer, but still with some refinement and class. Looking forward to trying it!

The Sport and regular Homme iterations have undergone a lot of formula changes over the years, with notable differences. I probably won’t pause all of them, but instead pick the best representation from each…which I feel I did with Sport 2012. There’s also an Eau and a Cologne to be sought out.

Anyways…great shave this morning! Shook things up for the work day with some Fine AB usage. So I’m smelling grand!

Have a great Thursday all!

Back