The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Maybe the CEO will actually ride along with me an notice my need for a new truck šŸ˜‚
0a95d08d992c71d475eae62908fdce93.gif

Shave #91 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, Tactonic blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Speick AS, and Dior Homme Intense to finish!

The week is catching up with me. Wiped this morning.

Fantastic shave this morningā€¦though! Gave me plenty of time to wake up šŸ˜‚. Pretty standard fare as far as my shave software/hardware. Probably going to swap out the Parker tomorrow, if I remember. The company CEO is possibly doing a one visit ride-along with me later todayā€¦so I finished with some upscale smells. DHI should do the trick!

Maybe the CEO will actually ride along with me an notice my need for a new truck šŸ˜‚

Itā€™s Friday yā€™all! Countdown to the weekend!
I always thought that certain ā€œtrucksā€ came with the required chewing of tobacco to maintain ballast in the spittoons.

Tell the CEO - with a new truck - how much better care you can give! Plus haul his mulch if he needs!

Have a fantastic day!
E2885420-968F-44FF-A486-441B50FB8665.gif
Hang in there brother! It's Friday!

View attachment 79285
OKā€¦itā€™s not that bad! Iā€™m at least attempting to get up while being dragged.
This may or may not be known to happen to my passengers at times šŸ˜
I always thought that certain ā€œtrucksā€ came with the required chewing of tobacco to maintain ballast in the spittoons.
Well I donā€™t chewā€¦but I do have a healthy layer of dust and grime on the dash an console for character šŸ˜‚

Praying for you lol
My Toyota Tacoma has indeed served me well for the last 16+ years. Just over 150k miles and still going strong (knock on wood). I think Iā€™m ready for something different/new though lol. If it werenā€™t for this darn processor chip shortage I might have taken a leap already šŸ˜‚

Wellā€¦possibly something worse than the ride-along has happenedā€¦the ride-along has been postponed due to a scheduling conflict. So now instead of getting it over with I get to wait in anticipation of whenever theyā€™re going to ask to reschedule šŸ˜­
Uh oh, now the spittoons are going to get light and start rolling around.
Chris now you gotta take up chaw.

Shave #92 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette NEW LC, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Guerlain Ideal Cologne to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress! Workout this morning, chores, chilling, and a nice cool, sunny day.

Pretty decent shave this afternoon. Havenā€™t used an OC much less a my more aggressive razors for quite some time. So I got a couple little nicks, but nothing serious. Another light scented shave, giving excuse to use a heavy dose of the Moos and follow it up with the very nice Ideal Cologne.

Hope youā€™re all having a great Saturday too!

Shave #93 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette NEW LC, Astra SP blade, Paladin Harlequin Chief 26mm brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Proraso Red AS, and Tom Ford OmbrƩ Leather to finish!

Beautiful day shaping up outside as we get some costal cloudy weather. Up for a shave and off to coffee and then church!

Excellent shave this morning with much better results (no nicks). My Paladin called out to me with the luxury of a top notch nat hair lather and did not disappoint! Sadly, lost a couple hairsā€¦as seems to be common with all the nat hair brushes I get. Itā€™s unfortunate that they canā€™t be set as solidly as synth brushesā€¦or maybe I just have bad luck with them. Iā€™ll enjoy them while I have them thoughā€¦theyā€™re all certainly still far from being anemic at this point, thankfully.

May get in a little beach time today amidst grocery shopping and other adulting duties. Supposed to drastically warm up this week, hopefully temporarily!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #93 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette NEW LC, Astra SP blade, Paladin Harlequin Chief 26mm brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Proraso Red AS, and Tom Ford OmbrƩ Leather to finish!

Beautiful day shaping up outside as we get some costal cloudy weather. Up for a shave and off to coffee and then church!

Excellent shave this morning with much better results (no nicks). My Paladin called out to me with the luxury of a top notch nat hair lather and did not disappoint! Sadly, lost a couple hairsā€¦as seems to be common with all the nat hair brushes I get. Itā€™s unfortunate that they canā€™t be set as solidly as synth brushesā€¦or maybe I just have bad luck with them. Iā€™ll enjoy them while I have them thoughā€¦theyā€™re all certainly still far from being anemic at this point, thankfully.

May get in a little beach time today amidst grocery shopping and other adulting duties. Supposed to drastically warm up this week, hopefully temporarily!

Have a blessed Sunday all!
I hope it is a fantastic Sunday my friend!

Shave #94 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette NEW LC, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Guerlain Vetiver to finish!

Ah Mondayā€¦nemesis of the working modern working person everywhere.

Great, freshie shave to start the week. The 50 SoV should go relatively quickly Iā€™m thinking. This was a basic formula that emulated MdC I think. Super easy lathering and Chris added some soy I believe to pump up the face feel. Makes me want to grab some MdC at some point for sure! Finished with Moos and Guerlain ftw!

Hope you all have a great Monday!

Back