The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #88 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, Tactonic blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Bit of a restless nights sleep, but I’m up!

Pretty good shave this morning. The Sir Fougere decided it was the master of its own fate and promptly broke up into a bunch of pieces while loading the brush. So it was retired to the Clown Puke tub a bit early, which will be set out for a day or so to drum up a bit. Finished up with healthy helping of Profumo ftw! Not sure what soap will be next on the chopping block…perhaps a non-CBL partial of some sort? Maybe!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!
Bummer on the sleep my friend - I hope though that Tuesday is a terrific for you!

Bummer on the sleep my friend - I hope though that Tuesday is a terrific for you!
Thanks Brian! It’s going well so far!
It's schedule to make its debut after the TSC Convention!
Sweet!
Now I’m even more depressed that I can’t make it to the convention…

View attachment 79090
At least you’re not alone in missing out! I don’t know if that’s helpful or not…😂
Either way, you SHOULD regret not being there. So much cool stuff …
Here comes the FOMO train! Choooochoooo! 🚂

Shave #89 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, Tactonic blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix w/ a dash of Royall Rugby, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa to finish!

It’s Wednesday! Still no jury duty yet (knock on wood)!

Great shave this morning with the *new* and *improved* Clown Puke tub, now with Sir Fougere scent added. Didn’t alter the scent of the CP all that much but did add a hint of green freshness to the mix. Finished off with some Royall Rugby dashed into a palm full of my witch hazel blend…and a whole heap of Colonia Intensa sprays!

IDT meeting this morning and a couple patient visit lined up so far for the day.

Eldest won his volleyball game in 2 sets yesterday and has another game today. Fun to watch! He’s doing pretty good!

Have a great Hump Day all!

360208CB-AB40-4213-9868-9A2F6B4118E0.gif

Congrats to your oldest on the victory!

giphy.gif

Congrats to your oldest on the victory!

giphy.gif
Thanks Mark! His team has done really well this year. I think they’ve only lost a couple official games out of 12+ games. Their tournament play needs a little more oomph though as they haven’t made any semifinals this year.

Shave #90 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, Tactonic blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL 50 Shades of Vetiver soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, RR The Stallion AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Another game won in two sets for the eldest last night…very close though!

Fantastic shave this morning. I was ponder doing some non-CBL soaps for a bit, then as I was setting my accoutrements out last night I saw that I have a bunch of 2oz size CBL soaps and partials that are hiding out in various books and crannies. So I pulled out 50 SoV from Chris’ soap making tutorials loooong ago. This will be the next soap kill in tandem with the Clown Puke tub. Bit of a theme-less shave otherwise with Stallion and DHP to follow up. But as I sit here smelling myself, it all seems to be strangely working together. 😎👍

Another nice weather day ahead In the low 60s and sunny. Predicted to warm up quite a bit toward the end of next week though sadly. No more rain in sight either.

Happy Thursday all!

Shave #91 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, Tactonic blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Speick AS, and Dior Homme Intense to finish!

The week is catching up with me. Wiped this morning.

Fantastic shave this morning…though! Gave me plenty of time to wake up 😂. Pretty standard fare as far as my shave software/hardware. Probably going to swap out the Parker tomorrow, if I remember. The company CEO is possibly doing a one visit ride-along with me later today…so I finished with some upscale smells. DHI should do the trick!

Maybe the CEO will actually ride along with me an notice my need for a new truck 😂

It’s Friday y’all! Countdown to the weekend!

Shave #91 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, Tactonic blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Speick AS, and Dior Homme Intense to finish!

The week is catching up with me. Wiped this morning.

Fantastic shave this morning…though! Gave me plenty of time to wake up 😂. Pretty standard fare as far as my shave software/hardware. Probably going to swap out the Parker tomorrow, if I remember. The company CEO is possibly doing a one visit ride-along with me later today…so I finished with some upscale smells. DHI should do the trick!

Maybe the CEO will actually ride along with me an notice my need for a new truck 😂

It’s Friday y’all! Countdown to the weekend!
Hang in there brother! It's Friday!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Back