The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #81 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, LNHC Barber Shoppe post shave elixir, and Azzaro Pour Homme to finish!

Today has been the first normal feeling work morning since the time change. Hopefully that means my body has almost fully adjusted!

Pretty good shave this morning. I did have one bad touch down on the side of the chin that gave a resulting nick. Thanks other than that, a great modern barbershop profile setup! Plenty of spritzes of Azzaro PH to seal the deal!

Super excited to have a tub of AOS Olibanum & Pepper on the way. There’s a matching balm I didn’t know about that I passed on ($50 for a shave balm…yea right!) I hope to find a matching frag at some point!

Work today. Probably going to try and do an OT workout this evening. We’ll see what else happens, when it happens!

Have a great Wednesday all!

giphy.gif

Shave #83 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Guerlain Homme Ideal Cologne to finish!

Ended up being a fairly warm day yesterday with clear skys and direct sun. Today is starting out much better…foggy atmosphere and marine layer, nice chill in the air.

Great shave this morning. Managed to keep from reopening yesterday’s nick. Finished up with the Moos and a gob full of Ideal Cologne. Wonderful!

OT workout went well last night. Had just enough energy left to give it a good completion. Maybe another one tomorrow evening since Saturday will be busy.

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #84 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Skin Bracer AS, and Moustache EDP to finish!

Gosh…it’s already Friday again!

Superb shave to wrap up the work week. Wrapped it up with some powerful good vibes from Skin Bracer and Moustache EDP.

Will there be lots to do today? Possibly! I seem to be in a season of being right now where things kinda fall into my lap instead of being able to have things scheduled.

Good chance of dinner with friends later, who officially received custody of their niece after a long court ordeal. Really a good thing for all involved. That means I may have to try and sneak in my OT class tomorrow morning after all. All good!

Have a great Friday all…almost there!

Shave #85 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, Tactonic blade, Spartan Burl brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Mandom AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Yep, I’m alive! Busy day.

Missus left early this morning south for the Anaheim area for a Mary Kay event (she’d better not be going to Disneyland!), I had an OT workout this morning (music list curated/mixed by Steve Aoki which was pretty cool), grabbed a coffee, then back home to get chores started and clean up for the memorial. Officiated the memorial, which went really well. Now back home to finish chores and chill hopefully.

Shave was pretty good. Grabbed the Parker in hopes of avoiding bloodshed before the memorial. Decapitated a couple angry follicles anyway but lucky stopped leaking before I left the house. Topped off with Mandom and a careful dosing of DHP (didn’t want to choke out the memorial guests lol).

Happy Saturday all!

Shave #86 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, Tactonic blade, Yaqi Rainbow brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, WSP Mahogany AS, and Tom Ford Oud Wood to finish!

Even with all the tiring busy-ness, yesterday ended up being pretty great overall!

Much better shave this morning. The Parker really benefitted from me using the handle length some to negate the pressure I was tempted to give due to its mildness. Perfect lather whipped up from the Clown Puke tub. It’s been a while but I was itching for some TF Oud Wood. I have to use it sparingly because it’s one of the more expensive of the brand right now and I only have a 10ml travel size. WSP Mahogany is a perfect compliment to go with it. Love these scents!

Church this morning, some grocery shopping for the week, then maybe nothing. It’s a cold, grey day in SB. Supposed to rain tomorrow (yay!). Also have to phone in later tonight to see if I have to appear for jury duty in the morning.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #87 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, Tactonic blade, RR Big Bruce brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Azzaro Pour Homme to finish!

Alrighty, here we are - back to a normal Monday! It’s been raining buckets (fire hosing at some points) since very early morning and is predicted to continue throughout the day. Woohoo! (Though now we have severe weather and flash flood warnings though lol)

Great shave this morning. Another shave or two out of the Sir Fougere and I’ll stuff the rest into the Clown Puke, now that I’ve worked both down sufficiently. Wrapped up with my own bucket of Moos AS and fire hosing of Azzaro PH!

Off to take the kids to school. Thankfully no jury service yet…though that does mean I’m on the hook still for the next 4 days as “on call” until I’m excused officially or called in. What a sloppy system sometimes 🙄

Hope you all have a good Monday!

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, Tactonic blade, RR Big Bruce brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Azzaro Pour Homme to finish!

Alrighty, here we are - back to a normal Monday! It’s been raining buckets (fire hosing at some points) since very early morning and is predicted to continue throughout the day. Woohoo! (Though now we have severe weather and flash flood warnings though lol)

Great shave this morning. Another shave or two out of the Sir Fougere and I’ll stuff the rest into the Clown Puke, now that I’ve worked both down sufficiently. Wrapped up with my own bucket of Moos AS and fire hosing of Azzaro PH!

Off to take the kids to school. Thankfully no jury service yet…though that does mean I’m on the hook still for the next 4 days as “on call” until I’m excused officially or called in. What a sloppy system sometimes 🙄

Hope you all have a good Monday!
As if Mondays aren't bad enough...

giphy.gif

HVe

Hope you all have a good Monday

Have a great Monday - you Brought out the Moos and Azzaro Pour Home! So you smell wonderful - I can almost smell you from here 😂

Shave #88 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, Tactonic blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Bit of a restless nights sleep, but I’m up!

Pretty good shave this morning. The Sir Fougere decided it was the master of its own fate and promptly broke up into a bunch of pieces while loading the brush. So it was retired to the Clown Puke tub a bit early, which will be set out for a day or so to drum up a bit. Finished up with healthy helping of Profumo ftw! Not sure what soap will be next on the chopping block…perhaps a non-CBL partial of some sort? Maybe!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Shave #88 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Parker Adjustable injector, Tactonic blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Bit of a restless nights sleep, but I’m up!

Pretty good shave this morning. The Sir Fougere decided it was the master of its own fate and promptly broke up into a bunch of pieces while loading the brush. So it was retired to the Clown Puke tub a bit early, which will be set out for a day or so to drum up a bit. Finished up with healthy helping of Profumo ftw! Not sure what soap will be next on the chopping block…perhaps a non-CBL partial of some sort? Maybe!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!
Nice! Can’t wait till @CBLindsay releases he’s next batch of Irisch Moos! Nice shave

Last edited:
Back