The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #77 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT/Creed Aventus Cologne to finish!

Ahhhh…Friday!

Shaves continue to be excellent. The Tech and Astra SP are still going strong. Definitely not as sharp as starting out but they’ve carried me through the last two weeks just fine…probably could go longer, but I’m ready for a razor swap come tomorrow’s post workout shave. Not sure what’ll catch my eye yet. Finished with a Fine Platinum combo, elevated a tad with a couple small spritzes of Aventus Cologne. 😎👍

Spring break this next week for the kids!

Happy Friday all! Nearly to that weekend!

Shave #78 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Proraso Red AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Yes! I’m still alive! Busy day.

TL;DR

Woke up later, to no alarm clock, which was nice. Did the DriTri (2k row, 300 body weight reps; 5k on tread) at OT Fitness…so rough…but got it done in about an hour. Went out for coffee after. Got asked to do a Celebration of Life next weekend. Did most of the usual chores. Cleaned myself up with a memorial shave for @Fenster ’s Vector BST 😂 and topped off with DHP as we’re out in the town tonight with the missus’ family who are down for a wedding tomorrow.

*phew*

Happy Saturday all!

Shave #79 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, CC Venture AS, and Dior Homme Intense to finish!

Another busy day ahead with family in between trying to take care of normal life stuff and the wedding later.

Another no-alarm clock day wake up. A little bit of pain in the back and quads from yesterday’s workout. Thankfully not too bad though.

Great, quick shave to start the day. Not much to take care of as I was still mostly BBS from yesterday’s shave. Finished with CC Venture and DHI. Superb!

Beautiful day in SB!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #80 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Guerlain Vetiver to finish!

Hooooooo man…this weekend wiped me out. Great fun pretty much all around and lots of family time and great food. Just super busy and tiring. Body still is not recovered from the DriTri either. Working from home as much as I’m able today.

Not tired enough to neglect my shave though! The CBL Sir Fougere is not long for this world…or at least in its current form. Maybe a handful more of shaves, then it’ll be relegated to live on in perpetuity in the Clown Puke tub. It’s at the point where there’s almost more tub showing on the bottom than soap. Wrapped up with Guerlain Vetiver to keep it nice and fresh and green.

Dreaming up the next Bingo game to be had while working on patient calls, updates, and this Celebration of Life message for Saturday. Wishing I was downstairs playing video games on spring break instead 😂

Have a great Monday all!

Shave #81 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Moustache EDT to finish!

Still feeling pretty tired, but I’m up for a bit more of a regular day today.

Shave was pretty much the same setup as yesterday, just a swap of brush and frag to vary things slightly.

Got a good chunk of work done for the Celebration of Life this weekend. My part will mostly be some prayers, a small Gospel message, and keeping things moving along. It nice to not have to plan all the details though, I let the family do most of that.

Have a great Tuesday all!

Back