The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Sam’s right. It implies right there not to do that. Odd place to draw the line but I think we’ve seen enough evidence.

Wrenches shouldn't get thrown; they could hurt someone. Lucky for us that we have a nurse here on standby.
Got it. Only throw hammers.
View attachment 78026
But no wrenches
Sam’s right. It implies right there not to do that. Odd place to draw the line but I think we’ve seen enough evidence.
There’s the peanut gallery!
DC2451BC-EE8E-4823-8CBA-F6FC30D135E8.gif
That’s what I’m talkin’ about. They had to have arranged it with the other team a while ago, right? Made sure they had the court. Ordered up a Chad or someone else in a stripy shirt. Oh wait, I guess we need the players too.
Ya think? I mean, the eldest is technically on the JV2 team…so I supposed something could have been thrown together semi-last minute if one of the other teams were already set up to play. The lack of professional communication though, it’s just weird 🤦‍♂️

early release at noon every day this week
I remember those days - when my kids were in middle school each semester they had a week where they’d do Monday half day morning, Tuesday half day afternoon, then W-F off. - I’m like why bother - just take the week at this point.

Found out the eldest has a volleyball game, previously unannounced, today. And it’s not a home game. Fun…but…really? 🙄
Good luck - we’re rooting for him!

Have a great day my friend!

I remember those days - when my kids were in middle school each semester they had a week where they’d do Monday half day morning, Tuesday half day afternoon, then W-F off. - I’m like why bother - just take the week at this point.

Good luck - we’re rooting for him!

Have a great day my friend!
Seriously! Though those were great days as a kid 😂

Thanks Brian!

Shave #75 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Proraso Red AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Still not adjusted to the time change…hopefully by next week?

Perfect shave this morning. Each element great for what it is. Plenty of time to let my brain wake up without flaying myself. Perfect prep setting to lay down some generous sprays of Moustache EDP!

OT workout later today. Still dreading the DriTri Saturday…looming on the horizon 😂

Have a great Wednesday all!

Plenty of time to let my brain wake up without flaying myself.
Always a good plan..

giphy.gif

Shave #76 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia to finish!

Top ‘o the mornin to ya! 🍀

Yesterdays workout was rough! Endurance days usually are, but yesterday’s seemed to be a little extra so. Next workout isn’t until Saturday’s DriTri…so thankfully I’ve got a bit of time to recover.

The brain wasn’t having it again this morning but a great shave was had yet again regardless. Tried to do as much of a “St Patty’s” day theme as I could…which unfortunately just meant using the Moos combo. Finished up with ADP Colonia to round off some of the sharp powderiness and add a kick of creamy citrus.

Hope y’all have a great Thursday! Happy St Patty’s Day! Erin go bragh!

Orangetherapy translation episode #2:

DriTri - Unlike a traditional triathlon that includes a swim, a DriTri consists of a 2,000-meter row, 300 bodyweight exercises (like burpees and pushups) and a 5K on the treadmill for runners, joggers and power walkers. Variations abound, by the way; just ask your coaches.

Happy St Paddy’s Day my friend!
Likewise!
Nothing says Irish like a USA owned German company that rocks the Moos! Awesome AS my friend!
😂
Orangetherapy translation episode #2:

DriTri - Unlike a traditional triathlon that includes a swim, a DriTri consists of a 2,000-meter row, 300 bodyweight exercises (like burpees and pushups) and a 5K on the treadmill for runners, joggers and power walkers. Variations abound, by the way; just ask your coaches.
It’s true! I’m in for a world of hurt 😂

Back