The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #72 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Mandom AS, and Dior Homme Intense to finish!

Up for church this morning and hopefully a nice big cup of coffee somewhere. Ugh…coulda used that extra hour of sleep for sure 🙄

Couldn’t resist for today’s morning routine, needed me some Dior Homme Intense! Same soap as yesterday, channeled some of my inner Bronson and brought in Mandom AS, then some generous DHI spritzes to finish things off. Dior really is swift becoming one of my favorite frag houses. I think I honestly wouldn’t mind if I had one of everything from them. They’ve got such a great diversity of quality scents…feels like they cover the “classy” frag genre to me, whereas I look to Tom Ford for “young/modern”. I need to get my hands on one of the Eau line next.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #73 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Moustache EDT/Versace Pour Homme to finish!

Monday and first working day after the time change…double ugh! Definitely had to drag myself out of bed this morning!

Great, no fuss shave though. The Tech/Astra SP gets an extra week of use. Moos scent profile today with a combo of fresh frags to round out the morning routine. Not too shabby!

Hope you all have a great Monday!

Shave #74 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Guerlain Vetiver to finish!

Ended up being not too bad of a day yesterday. My youngest’s school is doing a pre-Spring Break, early release at noon every day this week though for parent-teacher conferences, which kinda throws a wrench in the second half of the work day. Oh well.

Superb shave this morning. Decided Guerlain hadn’t been reached for in a while and it’ll warm up to the 70s later, so it’s a match! (Plus I have 200 ml of the stuff so I need to start using it more lol). Kept the same soap/AS combo, and it worked! Great, classic vetiver frag.

Found out the eldest has a volleyball game, previously unannounced, today. And it’s not a home game. Fun…but…really? 🙄

Anyway, have a great Tuesday all!

Found out the eldest has a volleyball game, previously unannounced, today. And it’s not a home game.
That’s what I’m talkin’ about. They had to have arranged it with the other team a while ago, right? Made sure they had the court. Ordered up a Chad or someone else in a stripy shirt. Oh wait, I guess we need the players too.

Back