The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #65 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Oud/Agarwood Minerale soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, LNHC Barber Shoppe post shave elixir, and TF Oud Minerale to finish!

What a difference and extra hour of sleep makes! Weekends still aren’t long enough though 😂 Sunny and cool day ahead…feels like a good day for some Oud Minerale!

Great shave, utilizing my Graydog brush over my conglomeration tub of what remained of my original CBL Oud Minerale 2oz in artisan base spread over the top of a CBL Agarwood Minerale tonsorial base puck (same scent profile). Topped off with a bit of moisturizer and some healthy spritzes of the genuine article…Tom Ford’s Oud Minerale! This frag screams beach day to me…salty oceanic notes mix in with a touch of seaweed, falling into a deeply driftwoody styrax rounded off with a rich oud and fir base…perfect for today’s weather!

Should be a fairly chill day. Church this morning, gathering some tax paperwork this afternoon, probably a haircut later. Otherwise, plenty of family time!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

AdG takes me back to middle school dances when the "rich kids" showed up doused in wayyyy too much of it. My dad's meager collection was Z-14 and Z-14 only so you can guess what I smelled like!

Interested to give this one a whiff when it hits Sephora or Ulta and I suddenly find myself tagging along with the wife...

Shave #66 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial clone oil/Moustache EDT to finish!

Monday already?! Eww! Weekend finished well at least. Though I did get a l it take too much sun yesterday and got a slight burn. Happens way too easily here and you don’t even realize till it’s too late!

Good shave though to kick the day off. Back to the Moos scent combo, finished off by a fresh frag combo.

Let’s see what happens!

Happy Monday all!

Shave #66 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial clone oil/Moustache EDT to finish!

Monday already?! Eww! Weekend finished well at least. Though I did get a l it take too much sun yesterday and got a slight burn. Happens way too easily here and you don’t even realize till it’s too late!

Good shave though to kick the day off. Back to the Moos scent combo, finished off by a fresh frag combo.

Let’s see what happens!

Happy Monday all!
You have @Luecke3262 thinking about the Moos now! I think I‘m going to use it for my St Pat’s shave - ironic having a German brand making a cologne celebrating the fresh and greenness of Ireland!

Shave #67 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, LNHC Barber Shoppe post shave elixir, and Azzaro Pour Homme to finish!

Yesterday ended up not being too bad overall. Did have a killer OT workout session though…first time breaking 1k calories (something that doesn’t happen too often for anyone in the 5 months I’ve gone) and having a whole heap o splat points!

Great shave this morning. Looking sharp after giving my hair a cut last night as well. A legion of Azzaro PH sprays, and I’m ready to conquer!

Have a great Tuesday all!

To save ya'll from googling:

In the world of Orangetheory, Splat Points indicate minutes spent in the Orange and Red zones. Orangetheory co-founder Ellen Latham and the OTF fitness experts challenge us to aim for at least 12 Splat Points per class to achieve optimal caloric burn, even after your one-hour workout is done.

To save ya'll from googling:

In the world of Orangetheory, Splat Points indicate minutes spent in the Orange and Red zones. Orangetheory co-founder Ellen Latham and the OTF fitness experts challenge us to aim for at least 12 Splat Points per class to achieve optimal caloric burn, even after your one-hour workout is done.
Correct! I got 48 last night 😂
😎👍

Shave #68 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, LNHC Barber Shoppe post shave elixir, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Bit of a groggy-yawny morning. But I’m up!

Fantastic shave to get the brain and body going this morning. Needed that! Everything was paving the way for a strong finish. It’ll be (supposedly) a lower 60s but sunny day…so I decided to reach for the powerhouse DHP! Some well placed sprays should see me smelling awesome through the end of the day! Yummy!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Shave #69 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia to finish!

Another shave in the books this morning. On track to finish a whole year of consecutive shaves so far! Back to the Moos profile. No fuss. Finished with a bombardment of ADP Colonia sprays in hopes it stays with me all day again!

Ended up finishing the evening last night with an OT workout. The missus also convinced me to sign up for the dry-tri with her…one of OT’s special events. 2k meter row, 300 body weight reps, and a 5k run on the tread. My body hurts just thinking about it 😂 hopefully the swag will be worth it!

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #70 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Skin Bracer AS, and Dolce & Gabbana The One to finish!

Tired this morning. Took me a minute to drag myself out of bed…so glad it’s Friday!

Superb shave this morning aided along by the Clown Puke’s perfect lather. It was over all too soon. But I finished up with the weird but wonderful D&G The One. I say that because it’s a great smelling frag, but looking at the scent notes, I’d have never guessed what was in it. But it works well together into a nice, ambery/warm oriental.

Happy Friday all! One work day to get through and we’re home free!

Shave #71 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Paladin Harlequin Chief 26mm brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Fine AB AS, and Fine AB EDT to finish!

Nice day here in the upper southern reaches of CA. High of 74 and clear blue skies.

In the middle of a typical Saturday this time around. Day began with an OT “Dri Tri” preview work out, followed by some breakfast at a local French pastry shop/restaurant. Then a quick jaunt to the nearby REI to spend our membership rewards on a beach awning for the coming summer days. Paying $50 for a $150 awning ain’t to shabby if I do say.

Back home for the usual chores - vacuuming up the extra dogs rolling around the hardwood floors and laundry. Beach time in later? Perhaps!

Stuck with the Clown Puke tub for today’s shave. Stellar lather whipped up with the Paladin. 3 mild, no fuss, Tech passes with a tad of extra cleanup. Topped off with the Rive Gauche inspired Fine AB scent combo for that perfect warm weather lavender fougere profile. Oh yes!

Happy Saturday all!

Back