The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #59 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial clone oil/Versace Pour Homme to finish!

A bit groggy this morning but not too bad. The weekend was over alarmingly fast with all the things we did, but it was a great weekend overall. Universal was pretty fun! Hadn’t been there since I was a kid. A shame it’s not as expansive as Florida’s but it still kept up occupied and delighted for the whole time we were there.

Great shave this morning. Back to some fresher scents. Looks like the General/Feather combo might get another week’s use, as I forgot to swap it out. Ended with a Sartorial/Versace combo. Excellent!

Hope you all have a great Monday…well as great as a Monday can get anyway!

Shave #60 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia to finish!

Busy day yesterday. Ended the evening with an impromptu OT workout and everyone went to bed a slight bit earlier to make up for some of the lost rest from the weekend.

Great shave this morning. More Moos scent combo for the shave. Finished off with a battery of spritzes of ADP Colonia. So nice!

Happy Tuesday all! Hope it’s a good one!

Shave #61 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General, Feather Pro blade, TH Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, LNHC Barber Shoppe post shave elixir, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Weather can’t seem to make up its mind this week. The weekend was a chilly, windy high 60s, yesterday and today are mid 70s (though late last night it was predicting mid 80s), and we have a bit of rain on the forecast for Friday. WTH people 😂

Superb shave this morning though! 3 great passes with the Armored General/Feather Pro and Alisa’s great little post shave moisturizer. Topped off with a handful of robust spritzes of Moustache EDP…oh yea! One of these days I hope to try the genuine article (that Moustache EDP is an homage to) YSL Tuxedo.

It’s Wednesday! Just about half way there already to that weekend!

Shave #62 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, CBL Barba AST, and Perry Ellis Saffron Rose Absolute to finish!

Super busy day yesterday between meetings, patient visits, volleyball carpooling, and and OT workout. I’m still alive, but groggy 😂

Shaves continue to be excellent. Switched things up just a tad today with Sir Fougere plus Barba. Also finished off my sample of Perry Ellis Saffron Rose…a very nice frag. If I were more into rose focused frags, it’d be a definite purchase, but as it stands now, it’d only be a very seldom reach if I did…so I very likely won’t buy at this time.

Speaking of volleyball…my eldest is having a great time and getting some good play time but the organizational and last-minute communication on stuff has been a major stress and headache…and he’s in the top high school program for the area. Some of the expectations (last minute need of drivers, location changes, schedule changes, etc) are a little crazy, at least for a family like ours who’s new to this stuff. I mean, some situations have required us cutting work short (you know the stuff that helps pay for the program they’re running) to help take care of things. Anyway, rant over.

Have a great Thursday all! Two more work days to go!

Shave #63 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Sir Fougere soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, Sir Irisch Moos AS, and Lalique Encre Noire to finish!

Ah Friday. Busy day ahead to wrap up a pretty darn busy week.

Not without my shave first though! Back to the full Moos set. This Feather is definitely ready to be swapped out! Sealed the deal with Encre Noire…blam! That dark earthy green is so great!

Happy Friday all!

the organizational and last-minute communication on stuff has been a major stress and headache…and he’s in the top high school program for the area. Some of the expectations (last minute need of drivers, location changes, schedule changes, etc) are a little crazy, at least for a family like ours who’s new to this stuff.
The same thing happens here with sports, play practices, etc. I'm constantly surprised more parents don't rise up and go after the organizers like they are calling a cadre bingo game.

Shave #64 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, SV/TSC Il Re Tasso d’Oro brush, SV 70th soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, SV 70th AS, and ADG Profumo to finish!

Eeeeey! It’s Saturday! Les mambo Italiano!

Missus and eldest off early to another day-long v-ball tourney out of town. I got up for my OT class and a spot of coffee. Then it was back to catch up on chores. Laundry, vacuuming, etc.

Italian themed shave today with my SV soap and accoutrements. Loaded extra today with the Il Re so the lather turned out a bit better than normal. Changed up my razor to the humble but never outmatched Prewar Tech for 3 great passes over a bit of extra growth. 70th’s bright, lush greens gave way to the masculine bergamot, sage, and patchouli of ADG Profumo - a great, mature frag, without being too heavy…pretty versatile!

We’ve been having a fairly windy cool front over the last 24 hours. Began yesterday afternoon and is still going, otherwise slightly cloudy blue skies with a fair dose of sun. Beautiful!

Have a great Saturday all!

Back