The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #56 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General, Feather Pro blade, RR OG 400 synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, LNHC Barber Shoppe post shave elixir, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Ahhhhh Friday. Good chance to have a restart before the weekend. Yesterday was hectic and exhausting between work and home stuff, though everything finished OK. All is back to right as this morning gets started.

Pretty darn good shave. Brought out the OG RR 400 synth with orange handle. This hasn’t seen much action recently, it’s a early generation synth, a bit stiff and definitely the scrubbiest out of all my synths. The handle it wonderful to hold though and the knot works best with some paintbrush strokes for me. 3 smooth passes, some moisturizer, and generous spritzes of DHP, the big brother of the Homme line…and I’m ready to put this work week behind me!

Happy Friday all! Get it done!

Shave #57 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, LNHC Barber Shoppe post shave elixir, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!

Up at 5 today. It’s the oldest’s volleyball tourney time with the family! Out of town unfortunately, hence the ungodly hour at which we arose.

Always time for a shave though! Same setup as the last two days…just swapped out the brush and frag. The lovely, handcrafted Art Deco up to bat today…a horse hair synth that builds an excellent lather. Finished the set with Dior Sauvage Elixir, the powerhouse big brother of the Sauvage line. This stuff is nuclear with just a spray or two…I may or may not have given myself 6 sprays 😂

Happy Saturday all!

Shave #58 (500 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General, Feather Pro blade, TH Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe mix, LNHC Barber Shoppe post shave elixir, and Tom Ford Ombré Leather to finish!

Slept in this morning. Another superb shave, topped off by the powerhouse Tom Ford Ombré Leather.

Aaaaand we’re off to Universal/Harry Potter World!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Back