The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

GearNoir’s Shave Journal V-Companion : Musings

Shave #83 (400 Open Blade Shaves) of 2020:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi SF synth brush, CBL Three Pines soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Pitralon Classic AS, and Guerlain Vetiver Extreme to finish!

Corona Virus Official Day 8:

Hope your son feels better soon. I was a beta tester for Xbox Live on the original Xbox. I went all in on playing Ghost Recon. I was in a clan. We had practice sessions and regular matches. I also played in Madden leagues. I had laminated call sheets and everything. I had to sell the Xbox because I needed to finish school ;). But then when I finished, I bought an Xbox 360 and picked up where I left off. I am competitive and have a problem with moderation on any obsession. I know none of you know anything about deep-dive obsession hobbies:LOL:. Anyway, then it became apparent that if I wanted to stay married, I needed to sell the 360 :cry:. So for the past like 12ish years I have been limited to occasional games of Civilization on my PC or Mac, and now I play PUBG on my iPad. I still stay in touch with my old Ghost Recon clan mates all these years later. I miss the adrenaline rush, strategy, and laughs 🎮.

Good stuff Todd! I’d have never guessed!

Anyway, then it became apparent that if I wanted to stay married, I needed to sell the 360 :cry:.
There was a similar point for me. I had to...wanted to...I cut back severely, almost completely, for a while. I’ve since picked back up a few things, but am no where near into the time sink I used to be.

Shave #90 (400 Open Blade Shaves) of 2020:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ brown brush, Clown Puke tub soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, and Avon Clint to finish!

Corona Virus Official Day 15:

Well heck, he was giving Chad a run for his money in the facial hair area until you made him shave it off!

Shave #104 (400 Open Blade Shaves) of 2020:

Gear: Gillette NEW LC, Shark blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, CBL Balsamic Oud soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, and Guerlain frag to finish!

Corona Virus Official Day 29:

What? SECRET SNACKS!?!?!?

Dude, I had to explain graphing equations to get parabolas last night!

Back