The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

GearNoir’s Shave Journal V-Companion : Musings

I’m gonna have to check out park and recreation, I love the Office.
Excellent! The first couple episodes might feel a little slow as they kick things off, but then it starts getting exponentially better.

Excellent! The first couple episodes might feel a little slow as they kick things off, but then it starts getting exponentially better.
That’s good to know. I’ll make sure I power through the first bit. Had to do that with The Office as well. What really hooked me when I finally watched it was all the subtle Scranton references. Spent the first 22 years of my existence there.

That’s good to know. I’ll make sure I power through the first bit. Had to do that with The Office as well. What really hooked me when I finally watched it was all the subtle Scranton references. Spent the first 22 years of my existence there.

My mom grew up in Wilkesbarre/Scranton till she was about 14. Used to go up there a couple times a year to visit my grandmom and aunts.
They were usually one year behind on the trendy stuff. Skate boards. BMX bikes etc. Great ethnic bakeries and restaurants. My Hungarian roots.

My mom grew up in Wilkesbarre/Scranton till she was about 14. Used to go up there a couple times a year to visit my grandmom and aunts.
They were usually one year behind on the trendy stuff. Skate boards. BMX bikes etc. Great ethnic bakeries and restaurants. My Hungarian roots.
Small world! The food there is something I miss. I haven’t been able to get good Polish food in a long time. I was there shortly before all the lockdowns and travel restrictions started and I can assure you the area is still easily a year behind on a lot of things.

I’ve been stationed in Ventura County, CA for most of my career with a 3 year tour in Panama City, FL to split it up. Not too many options being in a niche community inside of another niche community.

Shave #132 (409 Open Blade Shaves) of 2020:

Gear: Schick L injector, Schick blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Stirling Hipster soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Stirling Hipster AS to finish!

Corona Virus Official Day 57:

nice vid and see I relented, but you do have a new Title and You better do That Chip!!!

Ummm, it wasn't just a challenge It was hours of hunting to find you messed up the calls sometimes, which equals too much wasted time we can put to better use ;) Back to the video......

I think last time I forgot to throw this blade out so I'm going to shave with it again to see.......................................yep I should have binned it..............................I'll change it next time.....................if I remember. :rolleyes:

It’s Ok Dave, Bingo PTSD happens. 😜
E1F45D49-C9C4-4BB0-8ABD-797539A5B135.gif
Yea, put something away for a while and just hope you remember or it won’t be as bad as you thought the next time...works about 50/50 lol.

Back