The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

GearNoir’s Shave Journal V-Companion : Musings

The specimen I have has a little less blade exposure so I used a super blade. I believe you will like the clone, bit perhaps not as much as the real deal.

Shave #245 (338 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable, Supply blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Proraso Green soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, and Proraso Green balm to finish!

Shave #252 (338 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: RR GC .68, Astra SP blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, CB La Rose Du Mechant soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, and SCS Savory Rose AS to finish!

LOL, you were quick to distance yourself from liking rose scents too much. Don't forget @cmh737 likes rose scents and he drives a flying death tube of metal for a living!

LOL, you were quick to distance yourself from liking rose scents too much. Don't forget @cmh737 likes rose scents and he drives a flying death tube of metal for a living!
Just making sure the little hedge around my man card is intact! :p

Thanks for watching!

It is true that I definitely dig rose scented soaps. However, I find that fragrances, which are predominately rose, are a challenge for me to wear. The only fragrances that I have that sport rose notes, are ones where the rose is more of a supporting cast member, rather than the star of the show. Most of the rose scented fragrances that I've tried are best suited for the wife and daughter. :cool:

Shave #259 (338 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Gillette RFB, Astra SP blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, FFSC Mr Beardsley’s Shaving soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, and Old Spice AS to finish!

Thanks for the whisper out 😂 Interesting thoughts. I had a short comb and didn't care for it. Never tried the long comb but love the RFB. Also love the Nacet razor I ave that shaved similar for me. Nice video. Hope the job hunt works out for you.

Thanks for the whisper out 😂 Interesting thoughts. I had a short comb and didn't care for it. Never tried the long comb but love the RFB. Also love the Nacet razor I ave that shaved similar for me. Nice video. Hope the job hunt works out for you.
Credit where credit is due! ;) Thanks for watching!

Maybe the RFB occupies some strange middle ground then between the SC and LC. It’s definitely a different head than the LC.

Back