The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

GearNoir’s Shave Journal V-Companion : Musings

Watched the show last night on the big screen. Nice works. Seemed like the naked Weck was no big deal for you. Though I was worried on the first couple of passes on your upper lip. That sharp corner gets pretty close.

Watched the show last night on the big screen. Nice works. Seemed like the naked Weck was no big deal for you. Though I was worried on the first couple of passes on your upper lip. That sharp corner gets pretty close.
Thanks for watching! For the time being, the Weck has felt like a pretty tame SR with a very smooth edge, I’m enjoying it! The Personna blades I’m using come with the corners snipped a tiny bit, so I’m sure it’s help avoid a lot of bloodshed.

Interesting. The ones I have must be like that too. I don't remember. But they sure looked sharp.

Shave #161 (306 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Weck Med Prep shavette, Personna blade (6), RR Game Changer .68, Sputnik blade, R.R. Big Bruce synth brush, DR Harris Sandalwood soap, Thayers Medicated, and Proraso Red AS to finish!

Sorry for the delayed publish!

You start your day at 10AM? I have already been at work for 4 hours by 10! No wonder you can take 45 min to shave!

Enjoyed the review and as to the Shark Blades. I like the SS not the Chromium.

You start your day at 10AM? I have already been at work for 4 hours by 10! No wonder you can take 45 min to shave!

Enjoyed the review and as to the Shark Blades. I like the SS not the Chromium.
Lol. I usually roll out of bed 8-9am on a normal work day. The day doesn’t make a difference for shaving time though, I always make time for that.

Yep, Sharks are a no go, doo doodoo.

Shave #168 (313 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Weck Med Prep shavette, Personna blade (13), RR Game Changer .68, Sputnik blade, R.R. Big Bruce synth brush, SC Commitment soap, witch hazel/aloe blend, and Paul Sebastian AS to finish!

Hey, hey, look who’s on time today!

If you don't show the yard how do we know that isn't just a green screen and a random sounds you added to the video?

As to the whiskey stones I was gifted them a few times from people over the years. Honestly I think they are a novelty. Nothing spectacular. What I have noticed is that if you add water to your bourbon just add one icecube and then some of the stones. That way it doesn't get too watered down. Mine are in the freezer and sometimes I pull them out at parties for people but that's it. What was a cool gift when I got the mold to make ice spheres. Now that is fun!

10 points for angry follicle! LOL

If you don't show the yard how do we know that isn't just a green screen and a random sounds you added to the video?

As to the whiskey stones I was gifted them a few times from people over the years. Honestly I think they are a novelty. Nothing spectacular. What I have noticed is that if you add water to your bourbon just add one icecube and then some of the stones. That way it doesn't get too watered down. Mine are in the freezer and sometimes I pull them out at parties for people but that's it. What was a cool gift when I got the mold to make ice spheres. Now that is fun!

10 points for angry follicle! LOL
Thanks for watching Chad! Yea the stones mights have only made the difference of a few degrees lol. Weird how that works. I mean people have used hot stones for ages, why wouldn’t cold work? Maybe it has to do with the type of stone?

Not to get all scientific but the stones have a couple things going against them thermodynamicly speaking. Ice cools 2 ways. It draws in heat to reach the melting point and then a large amount more to actually melt. After that the still very cold water mixes with the water to cool it further.

The stones don't change state so no mixing and also they have a much lower coefficient of thermal conductivity so they are worse at drawing the heat out in the first place.

The sphere ice molds are my favorite if I'm using ice. The melt slower and therefore each sip is just a bit different from the previous one.

Watched last night on the big screen. They are right. You are a very pretty man in natural lighting.

Back