The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Football 2023-2024

Honestly, I 'm not sure if the Tigers just never came back out of the locker room at halftime or if we are just playing that much better than we were.

Was a more entertaining game in the first half.

Yeah I don’t know what happened. All I know is we got manhandled by Florida St.

Well we are off to a good start for our last yr in the PAC before we head off to the Big 12
IMG_2656.jpg

Man evidently I have been way out of the loop. Someone needs to explain to me where all the teams in the PAC 12 are going and when. I know USC and I think UCLA are moving to the Big 10 (so weird). But what about your Utah Utes @CVargo? I assume the Big 12? I heard that maybe Oregon St. and Washington St. don't have a home yet? I know conference realignment is inevitable, but I honestly thought the Big 12 would go away and not the PAC (?).

On Conference realignment, it is going to be especially weird with the like of Oklahoma and Texas in the SEC as well. Okay...someone explain this to me like I am a 2 year old.

Man evidently I have been way out of the loop. Someone needs to explain to me where all the teams in the PAC 12 are going and when. I know USC and I think UCLA are moving to the Big 10 (so weird). But what about your Utah Utes @CVargo? I assume the Big 12? I heard that maybe Oregon St. and Washington St. don't have a home yet? I know conference realignment is inevitable, but I honestly thought the Big 12 would go away and not the PAC (?).

On Conference realignment, it is going to be especially weird with the like of Oklahoma and Texas in the SEC as well. Okay...someone explain this to me like I am a 2 year old.
Money has ruined college football. It's no longer regional.

USC, Oregon, Washington, and Ucla to Big10

Utah, Colorado, ASU, UofA to Big12

Stanford and CAL to ACC

Oregon St and Wazzu stay in PAC2

Rumor PAC absorbs MWC or those remaining two schools go somewhere else.

PAC12 leadership couldn't secure a good enough TV deal best they got was appleTV. So all the schools left.

College football is essentially a professional league this is final nail in the coffin. College football as you know it is dead starting 2024.

Money has ruined college football. It's no longer regional.

USC, Oregon, Washington, and Ucla to Big10

Utah, Colorado, ASU, UofA to Big12

Stanford and CAL to ACC

Oregon St and Wazzu stay in PAC2

Rumor PAC absorbs MWC or those remaining two schools go somewhere else.

PAC12 leadership couldn't secure a good enough TV deal best they got was appleTV. So all the schools left.

College football is essentially a professional league this is final nail in the coffin. College football as you know it is dead starting 2024.
Thanks for the primer. Yeah college football is not what I learned to love.

Is anyone an oregon fan here BTW ??

I'm asking because I wanted to give a heads up that over on the bay there is a reyn sponner tropical shirt that is oregon themed for a Buy it now for Cheap !!

Since its a BIN here is a link to it....

So...what games are y'all watching this weekend? Seems to be another weekend for a snooze fest slate of games. Which might be a good idea anyway after the thumping my LSU Tigers took by the other Don's (@Quijote ) Florida State Seminoles

Looks like there are only two games this weekend that host two ranked teams going at each other: #20 Ole Miss @ #24 Tulane and #11 Texas @ #3 Alabama.

the Ole Miss v. Tulane game might be interesting.

I expect the Texas v. Alabama game to be close in the first half (maybe) but Bama will likely tear it open in the second half.

Memphis faces Arkansas State (should be a close game?) and UNLV faces #2 Michigan (that one should be over about 12 seconds after kick off).

I am obliged to watch the OSU (Ohio) v. (Insert Patsy team here) although I am intrigued by the former SEC Champion Tulane game.

Back