The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

ETHOS Grooming Essentials First Official Release

I got a little sumpin sumpin from NY coming in the mail later today Whoop whoop !!!!
[/QUOTE

Congratulations, @Dave in KY! Enjoy your "sumpin sumpin"!!!
I was, unfortunately, just a wee bit too late for the ETHOS Grooming Essentials First Official Release of the Lavender Supreme shave soap (which is no out of stock),... but have been moved to the top of the wait list for the next batch!
Now keeping an eye out for the release of the Melange D'argrumes!

Hang in there. He was caught off guard on the initial demand but is trying to get caught up and have stock always available. Frank does NOT intend the products to be a hard to acquire item like some retail vendor lotteries are (y)

Last edited:
Hang in there. He was caught off guard on the initial demand but is trying to gt caught up and have stock always available. Frank does NOT intend the products to be a hard to acquire item like some retail vendor lotteries are (y)

Thanks, @Dave in KY!
As a matter of fact, I was treated with the honor of engaging in a most delightful (and quite lengthy) telephone conversation with Mr. Lipani just yesterday! What a genuine pleasure that was!
Frank (@Dragonsbeard) is, indeed, a tremendous blessing to this community! ...but don't tell him I said that, ... oh wait, he can read this! Darn!

Cheers!

Thanks, @Dave in KY!
As a matter of fact, I was treated with the honor of engaging in a most delightful (and quite lengthy) telephone conversation with Mr. Lipani just yesterday! What a genuine pleasure that was!
Frank (@Dragonsbeard) is, indeed, a tremendous blessing to this community! ...but don't tell him I said that, ... oh wait, he can read this! Darn!

Cheers!
Frank doesn't know a short conversation 😂😂😂 Just kidding Frank @Dragonsbeard

It's an interesting blend of Ruby Red, Pink, White Grapefruits along with a 5x Grapefruit EO from FL I found and some Yuzu EO and May Chang EO. It is absolutely Grapefruit forward and I'm pretty excited about this one myself as it will probably be a good warm weather scent and would lend itself to a drop or two of Ice Dragon if someone want so add a cooling effect to it. I've done it with the Pineapple Noir and it works well.

Oh my...ok I'm PM'ing you now. lol

I tried the “First Lather” tonight. Love that is in a stick formula which makes it easy to apply to a damp face. I will try it with a few different soaps but initial impression
Easy to apply without getting my hands all slick before I start my shave
Really boosted the lather as compared to the soap alone
Took the slickness and residual slickness up like 10 fold
I rarely shave over any area of my face if it isn’t lathered but I did a touch up pass without relathering tonight and it was like sliding over glass.
I am impressed and I am not usually a fan of preshaves I prefer a hot shower and hot towel but I can see myself using this regularly

Thanks, @Dave in KY!

Cheers!

I enjoyed our chat to especially the part when we talked about music!
🎺🎸

I tried the “First Lather” tonight. Love that is in a stick formula which makes it easy to apply to a damp face. I will try it with a few different soaps but initial impression
Easy to apply without getting my hands all slick before I start my shave
Really boosted the lather as compared to the soap alone
Took the slickness and residual slickness up like 10 fold
I rarely shave over any area of my face if it isn’t lathered but I did a touch up pass without relathering tonight and it was like sliding over glass.
I am impressed and I am not usually a fan of preshaves I prefer a hot shower and hot towel but I can see myself using this regularly

Thanks Mark for the detailed review. It's kind of an odd product that takes some time to get used to and as I mentioned I'm tweaking the formula a bit to make it even better. 🙂(y)

UPDATE:

Unfortunately I’m sold out of the " Lavender Supreme Shave soap " and just the soap. Still have plenty of the Skin Food left even though that's been selling fast as well but I made an extra Gallon of that so all's good there. All of a sudden starting on Friday I got a run on the Lavender Supreme Shave soap like it had just gotten discovered and orders started coming in at a fast pace and today with only 3 jars left on my rack I went into my storage case as i was positive I had 5 or 6 more jars without labels on them. When I picked them up something made me open one up and take a whiff because it's difficult to tell the Clean from the Lavender in dim light with no labels on them. So much to my horror I knew that I had labeled all the Lavender and the 3 I had left is all I had as the jars where the Clean soap. ] This weekend and up until today I got a lot of orders! Way more than I thought I was going to get being a new brand that not that many people know of. So now I have to drop what I'm doing and make another batch of the Lavender asap. I still have to cure the soap so my realistic expected release date for this next batch will be between 3 to 4 weeks from now.

With that said I have to give the first 3 people who ordered the Lavender shave soap these last 3 jars and notify the others that I made a mistake and I'm out of stock! How embarrassing! What I'm going to do is give them a choice as many of my customers ordered more than one item. They can either get a refund on the Lavender Shave soap or if they don't want that option I can ship theirs out to them as soon as the batch is ready and of course with free shipping. Whatever they want to do as I feel terrible about this.

So I have to tell you a short story and I"m not blaming anyone but maybe in a way this was in a weird way a good thing because I certainly learned a lesson. So I have throughout the years made a lot of friends in the Shaving world from razor, brush and shave soap makers so when I asked a few of my friends in the business for some advice and what I should expect as far as coming out with a new brand. Their answer was yes some folks may know you from the Dragonsbeard shave soap & Skin Food
collaboration with Oleo Soapworks but I don't think many know the name ETHOS as far as the brand name goes so they mentioned figure on about 30 to 40 orders total and the average sales in aftershaves are about 25 to 30% compared to Shave soap so figure if your making 100 jars of soap you'll sell about 25 to 30 bottle of aftershave.So I'm like OK thanks and that is what I was prepared for. Well that didn't happen and I'm almost quadruple their estimate as of today. Also my Skin Food splash is averaging 67 to 100 when compared to the Shave soap sales. So can I say a little overwhelmed kinda where I'm at but I'm catching up as I posted it's going to take me a little longer to get all these orders together and get them shipped out and especially in this Corona 19 world where what normally took only an hour now takes 2 hours or more. I am good on all the other products as far as inventory goes as I made more of those products but many of them didn't have labels on them or in the case of the Skin Food need to be filled and labeled so I've been working more hours to try and catch up! The reason I didn't make as many Lavender shave soaps as the others is because of waiting on a shipment of Lavender oil from France. So I made less than half the amount I made of the other 2 soaps. All I know is this is not the way I want to run my business! I want consistency and a staple like Lavender should be available at all times for my customers to purchase. So lesson learned and again I will do everything in my power to not let this happen again. So my oligopolies to anyone who won't get their Lavender Shave soap who ordered it out of this batch.

I will be in touch as I go through all the orders.

Thank you all for your overwhelming support and patience!

Frank
Hello,Are you ever going to create Dragonsbeard again?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Hello,Are you ever going to create Dragonsbeard again?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

The Lavender and Melange di agrume is made and curing and will be ready for release in about a week and next weekend I'm going to make the beta version of Dragonsbeard. It's been my plan to make it right after the other two as I've gotten a lot of requests for it lately. Was going to wait till fall but moved it up. There will also be a Skin Food splash and EDP spray and shortly after that a Shampoo/Body wash and a bar soap.

Thank you for asking. (y) 🙂

Back