The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Enjoying what you have 2022 Quarter 1

I too broke to buy anything so I might as well sign-up and act all noble😁

I had similar thoughts, only my line of thinking was that I can't think of anything I want that I have not already purchased or was planning to purchase in the near term. Oh SURE, I want a Tedalis, but I am not inclined at the moment to shell out such serious dough for the thing.

I support the concept ("enjoy what you've got") but I also support (and strongly endorse) the idea that a man or woman who has the discretionary income available to purchase shaving related items they might enjoy having...should BUY such items and enjoy. Life is too short to want endlessly. So don't want, either accept that you have plenty to enjoy and don't actually "want" for anything, or, buy what you truly want.

NOW. To make commitment to this "challenge" a little harder. I hear CBL soaps is planning a few very nice releases before April, and they might be limited in quantity. AND it is possible there will be some items designed to please the Missus shaver. I suspect however, that with the TSC conference on the horizon (APRIL!) there might be one or more vendors with new items being made to honor the first annual TSC con, and those items would probably be available at the TSC con or for sale following.

For those intent on "enjoying what they have", if CBL soaps releases a limited availability item during the period you have sworn off enjoying new items, CBL would probably allow you to reserve an item for potential purchase after your, um...sabbatical.

One ore thought that occurred to me. If your household employs some form of "budget" and you have to this point made regular purchases of shaving "stuff", the sudden and total cessation of such purchases might create a budgetary excess. Sounds great doesn't it? Until the other half (MR or MRS as the case may be) FINDS that excess and begins funding their own hobby or desires. Lest we remember, while YOU may be on a self imposed spending freeze, you significant other may just be beginning THEIR spending boom. So you REALLY want to give up budgetary ground? What if you give up just ONE little purchase a month, it might get used to pay for the rising cost of BEEF (hah, that's a joke, only a second mortgage will cover that increase.) How is having MORE money for food going to help you in your weight loss journey?

Ok, one more thought. If a totally imaginary "currency" (pick your poison, Bitcoin, Doge Coin, TSC coin etc) can be considered to be a store of value by many, it stands to reason ACTUAL shaving stuff should be considered a store of value. You are buying in excess, you are investing in commodities.

Hmm...I was contemplating joining this club...I mean...it's only three months...right...give me a chance to maybe use up some stuff? Then cancel culture @BarberDave stepped in...nope I am good. I think I might do better in Doug's 3017 thread!

That guy is such a millennial

I know! Right?
So you guys thinking of Breaking Ranks? Two of the highest ranking C.E.C. Operatives? If you go down this path to the dark side, we have a 'Very Special Place for you". It involves Limburger cheese, Lysol, Lilac Vegetal, Cats, and a Visit from "The Thing" and a Q-tip,

So you guys thinking of Breaking Ranks? Two of the highest ranking C.E.C. Operatives? If you go down this path to the dark side, we have a 'Very Special Place for you". It involves Limburger cheese, Lysol, Lilac Vegetal, Cats, and a Visit from "The Thing" and a Q-tip,
Cool your jets their "Chair-Force." Just poking a little fun. And by the way...I like Limburger Cheese. The other stuff? Now those are pure hell.

The only possible problem is Nivea shave balm that I use though the winter months. The bottle is almost empty and I'm hoping to make it last through this winter. It'll add a little suspense

You still have a couple of days to get one to ensure you have enough to make it through!
I figure I have about an even chance of making it. If the spring is as warm as this fall has been I should be able to go without, or maybe use another lotion or something. If I absolutely need to buy some I hear that the punishment is not too bad.

Cool your jets their "Chair-Force." Just poking a little fun. And by the way...I like Limburger Cheese. The other stuff? Now those are pure hell.
Whatever you say, as I know the asvab was the hardest 3 months of your life and to get an MOS of Crayon Eater is tough, so I will replace the Limburger with Brown Bread MRE’s instead 🤪🤪🤣😍

Them ground pounders and jarheads are still trying to understand why they can't have nacho cheese.......

Back