The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Enjoying what you have 2022 Quarter 1

Because the CEC did not exist and you are now an antique hoarder
Yes, I joined the CEC after that stent on sabbatical lol 😂

I know that buying 8 bowls of Yardley + 3 Yardley Aftershaves in the span of a month as well as two custom brushes, a barrister and Mann set, and a bunch of Sterling is not sustainable… I’m hoping to sell off some stuff in the next 3 months, to finance my next bender..

giphy.gif

I think we are missing the true big picture - that while @BarberDave is Darth Vader - @Bill M is the Emperor (or Mr Dark from Something Wicked this way comes, or Leland Gaunt from Needful Things) in before he joined TSC - we had one shaver that had the Tedalus…. And he was fairly discreet about it. After he joined, he has converted three more people…..and now we have @CBLindsay and @Fenster lusting after it? That’s like Obi Wan Kenobi and Princess Leia converting to the dark side (I’ll leave it up to them to decide which is who).

Just saying

i cant take part in these shenanigans, theres still more shave soaps i want to get as well as a strop, i respectful decline your invitation to not buy more gear in the new year.
Most people slice and dice their first strop. I have heard this one is decent to start with. But I have not tried it. My first was a poorman’s strop from WhippedDog.

I think we are missing the true big picture - that while @BarberDave is Darth Vader - @Bill M is the Emperor (or Mr Dark from Something Wicked this way comes, or Leland Gaunt from Needful Things) in before he joined TSC - we had one shaver that had the Tedalus…. And he was fairly discreet about it. After he joined, he has converted three more people…..and now we have @CBLindsay and @Fenster lusting after it? That’s like Obi Wan Kenobi and Princess Leia converting to the dark side (I’ll leave it up to them to decide which is who).

Just saying
So we are the true force as in Jedi’s and Masters you sir are the dark side

Most people slice and dice their first strop. I have heard this one is decent to start with. But I have not tried it. My first was a poorman’s strop from WhippedDog.

Ummm @MilkCrate - this is the DE-enablement string

1640748179970.gif

Back