The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Enjoying what you have 2022 Quarter 1

Ok ok. So I get the point of wanting to be grateful for what you have however I would like to point out that all of the exclusions listed do make it where you are still adding things and not focused on being grateful for what you have.

I do 100% encourage finding what you love and having collections based on quality to you versus quantity to avoid hoarding however.

Good luck to each and everyone of you. On this adventure.

To be serious for a second. I have found that focusing on doing a sabbatical is just a setup for failure. I have met with more success just doing it and not talking about it or focusing on it.
I do 100% encourage finding what you love and having collections based on quality to you versus quantity to avoid hoarding however.
Sage advice…..I do think there is a challenge to balance as in any hobby…. But it’s all in good fun (and practicality) to try

Most people slice and dice their first strop. I have heard this one is decent to start with. But I have not tried it. My first was a poorman’s strop from WhippedDog.

cool i will check that one out, i understand the basic concept of stropping, plus Luecke3262 let me borrow a dummy str8 to practice with and i strop my kitchen just about every other day or so.

Ok ok. So I get the point of wanting to be grateful for what you have however I would like to point out that all of the exclusions listed do make it where you are still adding things and not focused on being grateful for what you have.

Good luck to each and everyone of you. On this adventure.
Why do I feel like mom stepped on and got street the CEC for bullying???

I think we are missing the true big picture - that while @BarberDave is Darth Vader - @Bill M is the Emperor (or Mr Dark from Something Wicked this way comes, or Leland Gaunt from Needful Things) in before he joined TSC - we had one shaver that had the Tedalus…. And he was fairly discreet about it. After he joined, he has converted three more people…..and now we have @CBLindsay and @Fenster lusting after it? That’s like Obi Wan Kenobi and Princess Leia converting to the dark side (I’ll leave it up to them to decide which is who).

Just saying
I swear your honor, I have no recollection of the incident and don’t know the defendants.

Besides, I am always a practitioner of no-buy pacts unless it is something I need or want. Then, and only then, do I exercise my right to engage in a sabbatical from my core beliefs for the good of all, and go get my stuff.

After that, it is the straight and narrow for me, all the way.

giphy.gif

This should be really easy for me as I rarely buy anything shave related. I've got enough soap and aftershave to make the quarter. The only possible problem is Nivea shave balm that I use though the winter months. The bottle is almost empty and I'm hoping to make it last through this winter. It'll add a little suspense

1. Luecke3262
  2. Scuttlesoap
  3. Bosch
  4. The Monkey
  5. GearNoir
  6. bluesman

Back