The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Enjoying what you have 2022 Quarter 1

I didn't make it, but I did highly reduce any random purchases, so that's a bonus. Now to just keep working through the stash a bit.

Okay- so I’ve been using stuff I’ve had over the past couple years. I’ve gone through a couple pucks of Col. Conk, 3 sticks of Arko in 1 year alone. That’s pretty slow moving for me. I’m almost done with a tube of Proraso green- but I’ve got a TON left from purchases in 2011-12 and 2017. I figured out I have 15 years worth of blades IF I ONLY use my DE’s and not my straights or SE’s as well. Aftershaves I think go faster than soaps. I AM eyeballing brushes- but only because I’m looking for a replacement for my Vanderhagen boar when it goes bad. I just ordered some Veg- I’m PROBABLY not going to get anything for the den except MAYYYYBE some Natty stones for honing- I’ve been eyeballing Arkansas translucents and blacks- and they's prettyful, precious…😂

I use about 5 pucks / soaps a year. I’ve got a few years of wood to chop. I only shave twice a week- but those are 3 pass shaves. I’m thinking the soaps would go by faster if I did 2 pass shaves. Lawd, just thinking about that is setting my OCD on fire….😂🤣😂

I feel this in my soul! I still have some Edwin Jagger and Mama bears from way back then…. Get it!
I mean 3 bathroom drawers & a spare tacklebox….. what keeps me from buying more honestly - is walking down the shaving aisle- and LAUGHING at the cost of cartridge blades- and telling myself- “dude- you’re going to be shaving for the next decade and a half on what’s already in your possession. Chiiiiiiiiiill…..🤣 I’m actually channeling it into desire for Arkansas honing stones. I have something to look forward to, I’m not bored- I’m window shopping- and I’m not just adding to a pile. Yeah- I feel the struggle. It’s real. It’s a hobby- which costs money- and space- and when you have a wife- SWEET JESUS, you have to be a master salesman of ideas or you’re just screwed 😂🤣😂

Yeah- I feel the struggle. It’s real. It’s a hobby- which costs money- and space- and when you have a wife- SWEET JESUS, you have to be a master salesman of ideas or you’re just screwed 😂🤣😂

The wife part is spot on, but I own A LOT of razors, so it’s a sell out very single time. The gate keeper is tough to get by these days…. 😂

The wife part is spot on, but I own A LOT of razors, so it’s a sell out very single time. The gate keeper is tough to get by these days…. 😂
Na, you're just doing it wrong. You hit her with too much, too soon 🤣 . You got to slowly move the stuff in one little piece at a time then put it all together once its inside. It's the looooong game we are playing here. Think of it as a 30-40 year plan, not 6 months - 1 year. Slow and steady wins the race. 🐢

🤣 🤣 🤣

I guess I'm lucky because as long as the kids don't suffer or her and I find something I want then she is fine with it.. Alicia supports Anything I want to get as long as its not thousands of dollars to get, I think she might would not like that but she doesn't complain about me buying stuff.....

Back