The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Enjoying what you have 2022 Quarter 1

Well, other than looking at eBay here and there there's little temptation out there. The only thing I could see myself going out on is some Yardley Black Label Shaving soap, but I've never really seen any available. SO, I can't imagine I'll have an opportunity to buy any.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Little temptation, @Luecke3262 ?
This little pup, who goes by the name "Rover", is tempting me DAILY!
I suppose it will still be there.....
Rover.jpg

I came really close to being out yesterday… I’ve been hunting one of these 1985 cobalt blue Old Spice mugs for at least 5 years….. This is a birth year mug for me, but I left it where I found it. Maybe it will be available still in the next couple of months.
I definitely walked around with it for a while, before I put it back…

E3F839CA-0EAA-416B-84CE-799F778B1542.jpeg

I came really close to being out yesterday… I’ve been hunting one of these 1985 cobalt blue Old Spice mugs for at least 5 years….. This is a birth year mug for me, but I left it where I found it. Maybe it will be available still in the next couple of months.

View attachment 74588
Hide it behind the old lady dresses!

View attachment 74588
That is willpower!

That's some massive feat of mental strength, and dedication to an idea.

Maybe it will be available still in the next couple of months.
Honestly, I don't get it. I mean, if you're just going to go back and get it at some later time, then what's the point in waiting? Especially if you potentially could miss out on it. The universe presented you a gift..... take it!

That's some massive feat of mental strength, and dedication to an idea.

Honestly, I don't get it. I mean, if you're just going to go back and get it at some later time, then what's the point in waiting? Especially if you potentially could miss out on it. The universe presented you a gift..... take it!
...or take your kid back there and have him buy you a Birthday or Fathers day gift. 😂

If I had 1,355 razors I really hope nobody would have expected me to do the drive by on that one.

I hereby declare that there needs to be a sabbatical sabbatical for birth year stuff.

View attachment 74588
I would not have left that. I mean...come on man! [in my own way I'm helping]

View attachment 74588
That likely would have got me out, and I hardly buy anything.

What can I say, the Williams Challenge this month made me fall in love with this vintage soap. How could I pass this up for $4.

s-l1600.jpg

I really think there should be room for exceptions during you guys "Sab..." I don't even want to spell that nasty word.. I mean birth year rare finds that you have been searching for should BE Allowed !! I mean if I ever did one of those "S" word things and I found something I had been searching for and it was a good deal you can bet I would buy it anyway... I know some of the "S" things allow for a couple of exceptions and this SHOULD be one of them.....

I really think there should be room for exceptions during you guys "Sab..." I don't even want to spell that nasty word.. I mean birth year rare finds that you have been searching for should BE Allowed !! I mean if I ever did one of those "S" word things and I found something I had been searching for and it was a good deal you can bet I would buy it anyway... I know some of the "S" things allow for a couple of exceptions and this SHOULD be one of them.....
Well, anything is allowed, it just puts you out of the sabbatical. That's part of the fun of the exercise.

attn: CEC Operatives
I think we have found our “mole” or spy for the Sabbats. One KJ aka “spider” has been working for @Luecke3262 and the 2022 Sabbats. He claims rules. When did the CEC ever follow rules? Bwahahahahaha. Per section 8675.23 of the CEC Manual regarding spies, moles, stoolies, and “fair playing agents” It requires tar and feathers, and he must wear an “I Love the Army” T-shirt. If any Operative should spot “the spider” please tar and feather appropriately. Discount tar, applicators, and pidgeon feathers can be purchased or charged to your CEC Credit card at Zebadia’s House of Torture, off Route 4 behind the Piggly Wiggly

That is all

I am really suprised no one cited subsection (9) of the CEC manual for exemptions .. edit - wrong song lol. Jenny and Jessie just walked away into the sunset.

200.gif

Last edited:
Back