The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Dragonsbeard Soap and Skin Food Splash Pass Around

2nd Shave was just as great as the first.
Like I said Before love the scent and performance of this Soap & Skin Food.

Pulled out my Timeless Bronze 0.78 OC.
With a Polsilver Stainless blade.
Timeless lather bowl & 70/30 Badger Boar brush. ( my Favorite )
186072eb72f45fa613dc39a71f39cfbb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow nice photo, shave gear and that watch is a beauty! 👍🏼

Wow! This has been a fascinating read! I’ll be vlogging at least one on my shaves so you can see directly how your products interact with my particular water and face. Looking forward to it as I thing I’m nearly on deck.

Yes it will be interesting as I’m thinking water must have some impact on the shave soap as far as building a good lather because like I mentioned some say it’s real thirsty and others say the opposite. Unfortunately I was blessed with a curious mind and I’m thinking maybe there’s a product that would negate certain water types effect on how a shave soap lathers up. Call me crazy or maybe I just overthink things! Lol

Ok I’ve Definitely fallen in Love with this Soap/Aftershave. Right now I’m going to Purchase the Aftershave. Soap will have to Wait since I’m on Workers Comp following Shoulder Surgery. Will purchase When I get back to work circa in a month. ( I Hope )
The ( SWMBO ) said I Don’t care what it Cost She loves the Aftershave.
Bless Her Heart. [emoji3590]

Today’s final shave was again Awesome.
Razor Hawk v2.
Brush Stirling Synthetic.

a4409c9ed6b6dc9442f863ef7ece508c.jpg

I guess the difference in water in different areas is what determines the amount of water that is needed. At least that’s my guess as to why say it’s a thirsty soap while others don’t.
It could just be the preference of the shaver also. I tend to hydrate my soap a little more as I think I get a slicker lather from it. If others like a thicker lather...I think they will hydrate less. But hard versus soft water may have something to do with it also.

Ok I’ve Definitely fallen in Love with this Soap/Aftershave. Right now I’m going to Purchase the Aftershave. Soap will have to Wait since I’m on Workers Comp following Shoulder Surgery. Will purchase When I get back to work circa in a month. ( I Hope )
The ( SWMBO ) said I Don’t care what it Cost She loves the Aftershave.
Bless Her Heart. [emoji3590]

Today’s final shave was again Awesome.
Razor Hawk v2.
Brush Stirling Synthetic.

a4409c9ed6b6dc9442f863ef7ece508c.jpg

First off I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Secondly I’ve got one put aside for you so take your time and just pm me when ready.
I should have my vendor section up soon as I’m just waiting on some graphics of the logo.
Glad the misses likes the AS scent. That’s a must! Lol

First off I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Secondly I’ve got one put aside for you so take your time and just pm me when ready.
I should have my vendor section up soon as I’m just waiting on some graphics of the logo.
Glad the misses likes the AS scent. That’s a must! Lol

Will Do. Thank You.

It could just be the preference of the shaver also. I tend to hydrate my soap a little more as I think I get a slicker lather from it. If others like a thicker lather...I think they will hydrate less. But hard versus soft water may have something to do with it also.

Very true everyone has their preference on how they like their lather. I tend to like my lather very dense but lightly coated and I’ve been finding lately that I’m liking fan knots better for painting than the bulb knot in general.

I agree, hard or soft water probably can make a difference.

Thanks for the input!

I think this is a current list:

3. dkeester - west (Shipped to and awaiting shipment now from @The Monkey )
4 ED3054 - Complete
5. Majorrich - In route
6. Milkcrate - In possessio
7. Techihci -west
8. Uacowboy -west
9.Bill in Oneida - east
10. Jaro106 - east
11. Spider - central?

@Techichi PM me your address and I’ll let you know when it heads your way.

Trying to do some housekeeping here. If anything is wrong let me know !!

I think these are the current lists:

WEST

3. dkeester - complete
4 ED3054 - complete

6. Milkcrate - In possession
7. Techihci -west
8. Uacowboy -west

EAST
5. Majorrich - In route
9.Bill in Oneida - east
10. Jaro106 - east
11. Spider - central?