The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Dagwoodzs Tonsorium; vlog, shaves and reviews

A week of not shaving? I guess that’s one way to save money in the hobby...

Watching now.... you traveling? Looks like a hotel bathroom.

My Walmart Still doesn't have the Cremo sticks. Probably wouldn't get one anyway. Especially after your review.....

A week of not shaving? I guess that’s one way to save money in the hobby...

No urgency and don't have a plethora of items to shave with. Just a couple of straights and the three soaps. (Arko, Cremo stick, and Zingari Man).

Thanks Dave!

Watching now.... you traveling? Looks like a hotel bathroom.

My Walmart Still doesn't have the Cremo sticks. Probably wouldn't get one anyway. Especially after your review.....

I will say this is my first use and I'm pretty sure the lack of slickness was more due to over loading than anything else. I'll post an update here if the next use has better slickness. The scent was nice and the packaging was very convenient for traveling, which I am in the midst of...will be for an indefinite amount of time.

Our intrepid roving shaver Josh... His ongoing mission to see out new hotels and new bathrooms. To boldly shave like no-one has shaved before...... JOSH TREK theme music begins. Josh is driving a Fiat Panda across the wilderness, a sign in the distance.... Bubbles Shaving Supply and Feed....

Awesome video! I really liked Cremo's bourbon scent in the shave cream, but unfortunately I reacted poorly to the fragrance oils used. That razor is a beauty!

Thanks Dave...

Have to say, the Milksteak is the real deal. Just DON'T bloom it. Completely unnecessary on my part and caused an overloading of the soap. The scent is absolutely awesome though, almost a perfect summer scent. I would pair it with Blenheim Bouquet or it might even work with a straight Colonia. ADG possibly...but I think the former two would be a better fit. Blenheim is the first frag I thought of when I smelled this. I think it would be right up yours and @cmh737 's alley. Now I'm interested in seeing what Nightman is all about, lol.

Thanks Dave...

Have to say, the Milksteak is the real deal. Just DON'T bloom it. Completely unnecessary on my part and caused an overloading of the soap. The scent is absolutely awesome though, almost a perfect summer scent. I would pair it with Blenheim Bouquet or it might even work with a straight Colonia. ADG possibly...but I think the former two would be a better fit. Blenheim is the first frag I thought of when I smelled this. I think it would be right up yours and @cmh737 's alley. Now I'm interested in seeing what Nightman is all about, lol.
Well Based on your description I think Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia di Capri might be good fit as well

BTW, for me the perfect summer soap is the (now discontinued and not to return) Barrister & Mann Adagio. Would love that to come back in the Excelsior base, but one of the fragrance oils he used in that scent profile got rediculously expensive...I think he said it shot up almost 2000% in price from when he made it in 2016/17. It's too bad...probably my favorite scent out of all that I've used. (Fougere Angelique is pretty good as well)

Yeah...very well could be. It would make sense considering the translation of the name is Caprician Orange. It's been a while since I've smelled that. The only blue bottle of ADP I have is Fico d'Amalfi. I 💕 that scent so much...lol. Wickham Soap did a clone of it with Ninfeo d'Egeria...pretty accurate.

Thanks Dave...going to be shooting another one tomorrow...I have DG's Nightman and Zingari Man's The Gatherer. Any requests from anyone on which I use?

Back