The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Dagwoodzs Tonsorium; vlog, shaves and reviews

In fictions, the notes are so well blended that it's hard to pick jusT one out. You can tell the coconut is there, but only by the overall vibe of the scent if that makes any sense.

:: walks away cursing Josh for his future credit card bill ::

Another great video Josh. I swear I'm jealous of you guys that can break down the scent notes of a soap so clearly. Great job!!

Whew, finally one I don't need to buy. Night Music has scared me off of dark scents for life.

What is that room you film in? I think once you mentioned it doesn't have running water.

Whew, finally one I don't need to buy. Night Music has scared me off of dark scents for life.

What is that room you film in? I think once you mentioned it doesn't have running water.

I film in my CHU (Containerized Housing Unit; basically a short overseas shipping container retrofitted with a electricity, lights, a heater/AC and some wood paneling on the walls). We have separate latrine facilities, so the water I use is bottled water that I heat up in a kettle, and a simple 15" wide and 4-5" deep bowl for a wash bin.

I film in my CHU (Containerized Housing Unit; basically a short overseas shipping container retrofitted with a electricity, lights, a heater/AC and some wood paneling on the walls). We have separate latrine facilities, so the water I use is bottled water that I heat up in a kettle, and a simple 15" wide and 4-5" deep bowl for a wash bin.
Interesting. Is the other part of that where you sleep?

Good video Josh. Very nice! As to bleeders I usually let them bleed if it happens early in the shave. Mainly because they will usually heal up naturally without alum or styptic. If still bleeding after last pass time for the alum and styptic.

Nice review Josh. This is a soapmaker I have heard mentioned but have not yet used; I will have to check them out.

Another soapmaker that features small tubs is Lisa's NHC, our resident vendor here on The Shaving Cadre. I actually really like the idea of a small tub. One reason is the reason you pointed out--they make nice travel kit additions. I took a tub of Lisa's Somali Rose on a recent trip and it worked out well for me. I was able to use a Razorock 400 and load my brush directly from the tub quite easily. Because of the size of the tub it packed easily. It is nice to be able to travel with a great soap like Lisa's or, in the case of your example, Wild West Shaving.

While Wild West isn’t for me, I still enjoy watching the reviews

LOL...thanks Dave. I was indeed busy. Here is my review on Oleo Soapworks Sandy Cheeks. I still have to write the written review up, but I'll post all of that in the appropriate location when its ready.

https://youtu.be/SNhL-2jPR8c

Back