The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Dagwoodzs Tonsorium; vlog, shaves and reviews

Great video Josh. It had improved leaps and bounds over the first one. Very nice tribute as well. You can hear how much the day means to you in your voice.

Very good video review. Nothing wrong with the way you’ve done your arrangement, if it’s comfortable for you then keep it the way it is. If you are self conscious about it, open the shot up so we can see what you are looking at...then it won’t feel like you are looking down a lot. I say keep it as it is and let your style improve as you get more comfortable.

You guys with your hot towels remind me that when I was shaving with carts, if I couldn't get to my shave immediately after the shower, I refused to shave because it would hurt. With all the prep time for making lather and stuff, I'm sure my face isn't as ready as it was when I used carts. If I remember I'll get my lather ready prior to my shower so I can just hop out and shave and see if it makes a difference. If it does, I might reluctantly add the hot towel to my normal routine. I say reluctantly because I shake my head at how many steps I have in my routine already.

Great second video! And thanks for the added content to the site!

Thanks everyone on the comments. I'm enjoying the process of creating these videos. I'm going to use this thread as a sort of video journal or vlog, where any of my videos will be posted. Of course, they will also be put into the appropriate section, reviews, tutorials, etc...

I've got another video that's currently being uploaded to YT as I type this, but it's taking a while to upload. I'm trying a slightly higher res version of the video this time (720p I believe), so lets see if that makes a difference. It's going to be a review of Oleo Soapworks Rougere.

Thanks guys! I thought I might enjoy the video thing, but not as much as I actually do. The shooting of the video's I'm not overly big on, but the post production and creative process that goes into it is what is the fun part.

Thanks guys! I thought I might enjoy the video thing, but not as much as I actually do. The shooting of the video's I'm not overly big on, but the post production and creative process that goes into it is what is the fun part.

I'm the opposite. I don't mind shooting. But production and the editing is blah! Hence why no editing LOL

Nice Video Josh, you think shaving is a big Rabbit Hole, now that you have the Video/Audio Bug you are in trouble, LOL Welcome to the pit.

Have to watch the last shaving video yet, but informative stropping. You have less flex on your strop than I see on YouTube.

The only real problem I'm seeing is actually with the whole section now. Like I didn't already send enough time stuck in the youtube vortex.
1f60b.png

Another good video Josh!

Back