The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Dagwoodzs Tonsorium; vlog, shaves and reviews

Good stuff Josh! Like the length of the video too, not too long but long enough to do sa proper review.

That's the same place I have issues. The hair under my lip is like a wire brush. So that is my real edge test. If I can scoop and shave hair from there with no issues, it gets the approval stamp.

Great review Josh. Asian Plum is one that I am considering from A&E. This just made that decision a little easier.

Thanks Don. Chris H. is going to be using it as well, for the first time, today. He's already gone verklempt over the scent off of the tub (along with SWMBO and the kiddo), so it'll be interesting to see how it performs with the water at his house. On that, with this soap being made in CT, (my old neck of the woods), the water up there tends to be on the harder side of the house, so possibly very close to what Chris deals with at his home...if that's the case, he's going to get a great lather!

Ahhh, coffee and Josh to ease into the morning.

Here's a video I did last night while refreshing my KT Bamboo Ferrari. Not very much editing, as I talked the whole way through and felt that it's pertinent enough information to leave in. Not really a tutorial, just wanted to show what I do for a refresh. BTW, shaved with the edge this morning, I would give it an A-...

https://youtu.be/ssJt3TrAkf4

Thank you for another video, but I was correct, honing is waaaaaay more trouble than I'm interested in.

Thank you for another video, but I was correct, honing is waaaaaay more trouble than I'm interested in.

It's not too bad. I sat and touched up 4 razors last night while watching a missed episode of forged in fire. It only needs to be as complicated as you want to make it. You can do a full natural progression with 8 different stones and 15 different nagura, or you can just do 5 sheets of lapping film to go from bevel to finish.
The biggest things that cause issues in learning is using too much pressure, and blade geometry issues. For me it was pressure. I have very little feeling in my hands so I push too hard without realizing it.

Josh, another nice video sir!

Have to go check...I have a video uploading. SHould be done. Give me a few minutes. LOL

Good stuff Josh, I had to brew a 2nd cup, but I can take a lazy Friday morning.

Back