The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Corona Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't post much in here as I really don't have very much to say. All I know is that the only action I can control is my own (and am an "influencer" with my wife) and I wear a mask whenever I go out. The only exception is for our evening walk, where it is easy enough to move a few feet to provide the distance when we sometimes come across other walkers.

Be the change you want to see.
We all have/wear masks too. My wife made cloth cover type ones that serve a duel purpose, they meet the needed requirements of a ‘face cover’ as mandated or requested (whichever is the current status) but also allow us to fit a n95 filtration mask inside and adjust for a proper fit and seal. I/we understand the reason the mandates are in place is to help prevent spread but our situation also requires masks to prevent or reduce exposure where possible. The way I see it, if coughing/sneezing into your elbow is helpful in preventing spread, even a haphazardly worn mask donned by a smattering of citizens and ME/US wearing filtration mask that fits moderately well should make a good addition to my hand sanitizer, wipes and frequently applied 180 proof aftershave and get me and my family closer to level 102 In Jumani 2020.

edit: I should mention that I/we typically don’t spend a lot of time on public masked up, not only because people are crazy (under normal conditions) but I have always found the n95 mask without vent to give me headaches and my wife does too. I have some old masks from my hospital days but the public mandate prohibits vented n95s for obvious reasons

@NurseDave I haven’t seen any mentions/talk of handkerchiefs, is beyond the face mask and covering with an elbow, is that not a viable solution to sneezes and sniffles?

Between you, me, and the internet, I’m a somewhat “wet” sneezer unfortunately and an elbow doesn’t always do the job and I only have the quickness and fortitude to fully suppress a sneeze with a closed mouth about 1/4 of the time. :ROFLMAO:

Says the avid gamer 🤔
Bro! Did you not take biology classes? Hand muscles are in a different area than head muscles! 😜
He's got a squeegee for his tv and thinking about upgrading to a motorized car wiper with a sensor.
7813DC20-37AC-4E02-A9BC-C64F434C624F.gif
I just let watching children and my passenger side occupant take the full force of the blast.
230A0794-0F3D-4645-9714-7F1E8101A040.gif

I don’t get the question. A handkerchief is better than blowing your spittle all over the ramen sectional while you’re looking for that elusive soy flavored one. But it’s not a replacement for wearing a face mask. Plus then your hand is contaminated.

I don’t get the question. A handkerchief is better than blowing your spittle all over the ramen sectional while you’re looking for that elusive soy flavored one. But it’s not a replacement for wearing a face mask. Plus then your hand is contaminated.
:ROFLMAO:

I was just pondering again during one of my tile scrub sessions. I’ve never seen it brought up.

No one (I’m assuming) wants to sneeze into a mask; sneezing into an elbow is more ideal than your hand but I doubt “catches” all of the sneeze and leave an area of your body just as contaminated as if it had been your hand; sneezing (I’ve seen) into your shirt leaves you just as contaminated, except now you’re wearing whatever you sneezed out.

I would think a proper cloth handkerchief could catch all of the sneeze and be properly folded without needing to touch the sneezed-on surface. Granted, you might only want to use the handkerchief a single day, then wash. Still of course washing your hands after folding and putting aways

@GearNoir a handkerchief is porous so once you fold it not only is it all contaminated, your pocket is as well.

My dad has an interesting Thanksgiving once when I was his “safety” guy pointing out all the things he was about to touch with his dirty turkey hands while prepping it.

The United States is a LARGE geographical location, not just a name on a chart. Italy is 116k square miles in size with 60 million residence, the United States is 3.8 million square miles in size with 328 million residence. Charts that compare the two as strict equals are not useful. The United States is... a cluster of states, each very much like Italy, Spain, France etc, diverse in population size and density relative to geographic size. Our collective curve will always look different than regional curves. Arguing over curve shape and trajectory is pointless because we aren’t all experiencing the same event at the same time. The truth is Italy had a head start on the US, their experiences taught us (or should/could have) things that allowed us to avoid the pain they experienced. Another truth we will admit shortly is some areas/regions of the US have yet to fully experience “the first wave”
I disagree on the first part. Compare the EU to the USA then. You'll see EU curve still peaks and heads towards a low baseline rapidly.
Totally agree on the bolded part. That should have been a wake up call. Instead we just laughed at vids of Italian Mayors cursing at their stupid populace.

What is a inpatient Covid census?
Number of patients admitted with positive covid

We are fortunately low at this time in SE MI, but I’m outside of the big counties surrounding Detroit. I hypothesis they are trending up in that region.... 🤦🏼‍♂️

Number of patients admitted with positive covid

We are fortunately low at this time in SE MI, but I’m outside of the big counties surrounding Detroit. I hypothesis they are trending up in that region.... 🤦🏼‍♂️
Thanks. Are these patients admitted because of Covid or patients who are admitted for other issues who happen to test positive for Covid?

Thanks. Are these patients admitted because of Covid or patients who are admitted for other issues who happen to test positive for Covid?
Whether they are admitted for covid or not, if they get a positive test, they get moved to the covid isolation units and join the statistics unfortunately.

Company-wide Zoom-a-zoom-zoom meeting yesterday; We will be continuing as-is until the end of August for now. For me, that means WFH with a trip into the office once a month to do some physical cheque printing. Works for me!

My wife is also WFH but her company's go-forward plans and timelines are currently unannounced.

My firm is entering "Phase 2" which means a combination of WFH and office work (with no-one new being full time in the office). Interestingly, they just pulled back the Minneapolis office (one of over a dozen throughout the midwest, plains, and mountain states) until 7/15. We're not seeing a surge here in Minnesota, so the decision seems a little weird to me.

We've got the most number of active cases now, then we ever had since this whole thing started. That's what happens when the state goes from Phase 1 to Unrestricted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back