The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Corona Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maine COVID-19 Data
Updated: March 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM
Confirmed Cases1RecoveredHospitalizedDeaths
6,088 tests returned negative

COVID-19-Map-033020.png

I live in Waldo county (it sort of looks like Texas) which has 2 cases.
I am in Kennebec, and we have 10. Portland has half of Maine's cases, from what I read yesterday. Feel like I am living in the first 20 minutes of a disaster film. [emoji51]

This is our latest report here in Ventura County, CA.

Summary Data
Summary Data#
New Cases17
TOTAL CASES126
Recovered Cases16
Ever Hospitalized28
Active Cases Under Quarantine106
DEATHS4
People Tested2,213

I work in La Marque. I got some pretty heavy emails this afternoon outlining some major changes for the foreseeable future. I expect more emails when the numbers start to overwhelm our hospitals.

FB_IMG_1585629665660.jpg

So some college age guy comes in my office last night to report his wallet lost. As soon as he comes in he starts with the dry cough. I asked him if he was sick, does he have COVID? He laughs and says no, it's just a dry cough. I asked him if he has been tested and again he giggles and says no. I like to treat people kindly, but sometimes harsh words are necessary when extreme selfishness and thoughtless behavior is evident. I told him he needs to self isolate because a dry cough is one of the top symptoms of COVID and people like him are the reason the virus is spreading. I hope my words had an effect on him.
Yes, there's a glass partition between me and the public, but the fact he was stupid enough to think he's not part of the problem despite having the COVID talk hammered into us for the last 6 weeks really makes me wonder about peoples intelligence.

Yes. Slower doubling rate is good. It means it’s taking longer to infect enough people to double. The virus is just as infectious, so it means that distancing is working. Less contact = less transmission
Sorry...I get it...definitely the longer doubling time is a good thing. What I really meant was that it doubles every four days. I would prefer it not to double at all. 🙃

I am in Kennebec, and we have 10. Portland has half of Maine's cases, from what I read yesterday. Feel like I am living in the first 20 minutes of a disaster film. [emoji51]
Saw you guys had your first death. We are still sitting at 2 case.

So some college age guy comes in my office last night to report his wallet lost. As soon as he comes in he starts with the dry cough. I asked him if he was sick, does he have COVID? He laughs and says no, it's just a dry cough. I asked him if he has been tested and again he giggles and says no. I like to treat people kindly, but sometimes harsh words are necessary when extreme selfishness and thoughtless behavior is evident. I told him he needs to self isolate because a dry cough is one of the top symptoms of COVID and people like him are the reason the virus is spreading. I hope my words had an effect on him.
Yes, there's a glass partition between me and the public, but the fact he was stupid enough to think he's not part of the problem despite having the COVID talk hammered into us for the last 6 weeks really makes me wonder about peoples intelligence.

As far as I'm concerned, you were probably too polite to the guy. I too have have been too polite. The other day during a bike ride I noticed another biker who had been pretty far ahead of me standing off on the grassy area between the street and the sidewalk drinking from his water bottle. Then, just as I was about to pass him he tosses the water that he was just drinking from out into the street. Any closer and I could have been doused by this selfish ignorant moron. I was moving at a pretty good clip and thought about stopping but then my attention was taken by a young woman riding past me on my left as she blew past me. I decided I was going to just try and keep up with her but she continued to pull away in spite of my trying to pedal harder. I guess that's what I get for being a fat slob. But the guy who was tossing his water will get my wrath the next time I see it happen. I've lost any patience for ignorance and selfish stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back