The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Corona Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
CarelessEveryHartebeest-size_restricted.gif

Man O69Man! Things are crazy. I'm sure it's way worse in other areas, but it's just insane. All resturaunts and bars are closed unless they offer pickup or delivery. We had planned on going to a bar soon to celebrate the anniversary of the first day we met. Can't do that now. Also no public meetings in excess of 10 people, for at least the next month. So our masonic lodge meetings have been cancelled, at least until May. We had already cancelled Bingo at the VFW, for the foreseeable future. It just seems crazy that we've gotten to this point. So many people are now (forcedly) out of work. It's just crazy.

Yes, things are crazy. But it is borne out of necessity unfortunately.

Well Utah is now over 100 confirmed cases. And apparently we have a LOT of tests that can't be completed because of supply issues. That sucks. But an interesting piece from the press conference today. In order to get a test here you have to meet most of the parameters:

Showing symptoms (preferably severe)
have traveled recently
been around a confirmed or monitoring case of covid.

Any ways so people that meet those parameters of those that have been tested and gotten result only 5% are positive! So to my uneducated medical brain that means these people are getting sick from other stuff obviously too! And obviosly the big concern is how fast this darn virus spreads! ANd how deadly it is to certain groups. Also have read reports that while younger people aren't dying of this disease a lot of them are still requiring medical intervention such as ventilators.

Anyways just some food for thought.

I also ran across this article that has a lot of big words but again not a medical brain here

Examples of Canadian stupidity:
- talking to my 83 year old mom in Newfoundland, one of her friends told her (via phone) that a lady in line at the bank was telling everyone that she just got back from Florida that morning
- my brother drove to Florida (from Toronto) a week or so ago with his wife and their two teenagers. They ignored the warnings and advice to return home from the governments and might be driving back this weekend. Posting pics of out and about enjoying things like mini-putt and other things.

7,100+ here... But only 61 in my county. Not the day to say I[emoji3531]NY.

Sent from my TRS-80 using Tapatalk

Michigan jumped big time today, 500+. Most are on the east side of the state (I’m on the west).

Picked up pizza this evening from a local shop. It looked like they were getting a good deal of support, but strange that people were standing so far apart from one another...

Sacramento is not releasing confirmed case numbers. CA was supposedly at just over 1,000 confirmed cases this morning, not including the docked cruise liners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back