The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

College football 2021

Conflicted here as I served in both the Marine Corps (our Academy officer go to Annapolis) and in the Army. I still lean towards the Navy in football terms. I might put away my differences of opinion on the state of college sports right now and watch this game!
It‘s the one game - no matter what’s going on in life - that I love to watch - just for the pure joy and excitement the players on both teams exude

SOTD: 12/10/2021

1639134819135.gif

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 4th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Starcraft
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Heritage Hill Shave Company John Paul Jones Puck
Aftershave: Zingari Man The Navigator Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Givenchy Gentleman Cologne

Yes, I admit it - the squids are more refined and more gentlemanly that we tough guys. While John Paul Jones may have said, “I have not yet begun to fight.” I believe the reason why is because he was still having his afternoon tea while the Continental ARMY took on the fight and secured our victory (which should be considered the first Army - Navy competition). After all - who is on the $1 bill and the quarter? It’s not John Paul Jones!

So my friends @Graybeard57 and @MarkB - I am looking forward to our friendly rivalry. May it rain on your parade!

GO ARMY! Beat Navy!

SOTD: 12/10/2021

View attachment 69585

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 4th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Starcraft
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Heritage Hill Shave Company John Paul Jones Puck
Aftershave: Zingari Man The Navigator Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Givenchy Gentleman Cologne

Yes, I admit it - the squids are more refined and more gentlemanly that we tough guys. While John Paul Jones may have said, “I have not yet begun to fight.” I believe the reason why is because he was still having his afternoon tea while the Continental ARMY took on the fight and secured our victory (which should be considered the first Army - Navy competition). After all - who is on the $1 bill and the quarter? It’s not John Paul Jones!

So my friends @Graybeard57 and @MarkB - I am looking forward to our friendly rivalry. May it rain on your parade!

GO ARMY! Beat Navy!
I had no idea that John Paul Jones was a football player. What school did he play at? 🤪

Okay...so I might start paying a little attention to College Football now. Looks like there have been a ton of coaching changes on the land scape. More so than most years. It's hard to get behind the firing of a National Championship coach, but in LSU's case I think it was necessary. The team wasn't performing well and there was a lot of off the field stuff that was going on. The overall culture was not a great one.

I wasn't sure about the Brian Kelly hire at first, but looking at it over the past couple of days, I think it was a much better hire than if they hired Lincoln Riley, Luke Fickle, Billy Napier, etc. My hope is that Brian Kelly brings a sort of dignity back to the program that we really haven't had in a long time. Don't get me wrong...the 2019 undefeated season and all the LSU players cleaning up in the awards culminated by Joe Burrow winning the Heisman was a MAGICAL year. But it is time to move on. I don't expect LSU to win a National Championship in the next year or two...but I am interested to see how LSU progresses and is rebuilt under his tutelage.

Okay...so I might start paying a little attention to College Football now. Looks like there have been a ton of coaching changes on the land scape. More so than most years. It's hard to get behind the firing of a National Championship coach, but in LSU's case I think it was necessary. The team wasn't performing well and there was a lot of off the field stuff that was going on. The overall culture was not a great one.

I wasn't sure about the Brian Kelly hire at first, but looking at it over the past couple of days, I think it was a much better hire than if they hired Lincoln Riley, Luke Fickle, Billy Napier, etc. My hope is that Brian Kelly brings a sort of dignity back to the program that we really haven't had in a long time. Don't get me wrong...the 2019 undefeated season and all the LSU players cleaning up in the awards culminated by Joe Burrow winning the Heisman was a MAGICAL year. But it is time to move on. I don't expect LSU to win a National Championship in the next year or two...but I am interested to see how LSU progresses and is rebuilt under his tutelage.
I would wish your team well - but next year has to be the year of the Nittany Lion. It’s the only way to justify PSU extending the contact for 10 years of a guy that does not have a winning record in his own conference for the past two years and is below 70% wins during his PSU tenure.

I would wish your team well - but next year has to be the year of the Nittany Lion. It’s the only way to justify PSU extending the contact for 10 years of a guy that does not have a winning record in his own conference for the past two years and is below 70% wins during his PSU tenure.
Yeah, James Franklin was the next big thing. And I was REALLY high on him. I thought he did an okay job early on...but not sure what is happening. It is hard to blame the last two seasons on anything, as everything has been a dumpster fire. But when you are paying a man millions of dollars...there really are no excuses.

The father-in-law and the wife will want the same as you also, as they are Penn State fans.

Yeah, James Franklin was the next big thing. And I was REALLY high on him. I thought he did an okay job early on...but not sure what is happening. It is hard to blame the last two seasons on anything, as everything has been a dumpster fire. But when you are paying a man millions of dollars...there really are no excuses.

The father-in-law and the wife will want the same as you also, as they are Penn State fans.
My biggest dig on him is that he ruined the Penn St - Pitt rivalry. That was something that every PSU fan was happy to have back - I remember the days of Todd Blackledge vs Dan Marino.

He just behaved atrociously - one year he ran up the score , which I definitely am not a fan of, and his press conferences he belittled Pitt - just totally classless.

I did have high hopes - I liked his predecessor- but I will admit he started out well - then something just changed.

I still love watching the games though - I like the student fan base - the White Out games - Sweet Caroline!

My biggest dig on him is that he ruined the Penn St - Pitt rivalry. That was something that every PSU fan was happy to have back - I remember the days of Todd Blackledge vs Dan Marino.

He just behaved atrociously - one year he ran up the score , which I definitely am not a fan of, and his press conferences he belittled Pitt - just totally classless.

I did have high hopes - I liked his predecessor- but I will admit he started out well - then something just changed.

I still love watching the games though - I like the student fan base - the White Out games - Sweet Caroline!
To be honest, that is what I used to like about college football (hopefully the next year or two will get back to the actual sport and less of other stuff), were the fans and the traditions. You get places like Penn State and LSU rocking on a Saturday night with a rivalry team when something is on the line...oh man! That is a thing of beauty! An experience that can't be explained by words. It is just amazing. I remember going to the Florida, Auburn, and Alabama games and it is just magic! I know Penn State is the same way!

Back