The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

College football 2021

Go Navy!! But I have a feeling Army's gonna mop the field with us.. 😕
My favorite part of the game is that no matter what the record is for the regular season, these teams bring it on that day.

I remember my college days when I was an Army ROTC cadet, my roommate’s father was a Captain in the Navy. We had a gentleman's’ bet of $1 - whoever won - the loser had to present the winner the dollar - standing on a plywood box in dress blues - at the Philly 2nd Street subway station - and sing the fight song of the winning team 😂

My favorite part of the game is that no matter what the record is for the regular season, these teams bring it on that day.

I remember my college days when I was an Army ROTC cadet, my roommate’s father was a Captain in the Navy. We had a gentleman's’ bet of $1 - whoever won - the loser had to present the winner the dollar - standing on a plywood box in dress blues - at the Philly 2nd Street subway station - and sing the fight song of the winning team 😂
Love it!!

Love it!!
We split evenly …

1988Army20–15Veterans StadiumPhiladelphia, PA
1989Navy19–17Giants StadiumEast Rutherford, NJ
1990Army30–20Veterans StadiumPhiladelphia, PA
1991Navy24–3Veterans StadiumPhiladelphia, PA

The Army - Navy game IMO is the greatest tradition in college football - but….this also gives me tingles - I love that people put all their worries aside and just enjoy the game and the traditions - the whole stadium rocks ………that‘s what’s best about college sports

Someone should investigate the betting on the Iowa - Wisconsin game. There is no way a team loses that many fumbles inside their 20 yard line - especially after making several goal line stances. Some gangster must have one if the Iowa running back‘s mother hostage.

A retired Army man took a civilian job. One day he came into work 15 minutes late.
His irate supervisor said, “Well, what did they say when you were late in the Army?”
He wryly retorted, “Good morning Sergeant Major, would you like some coffee?”

Yes they played a great game.
I think we just ran the ball a bit better the 2nd half.
You still have both Michigan schools to play tough schedules.
Next year we have to go there YIKES.
GO BUCKS
Now the mystery is who you’ll play in the Big 10 Championship - this is a wild season

THE Ohio State University Buckeyes managed to not lose again today. Very exciting games, but I prefer the comfort of at least a 3 score spread.

Back