The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

College football 2021

1633787035076.jpeg

Let me first say that even as a die-hard PSU fan - I have always loved Iowa - starting before Penn State joined the Big 10…I really admired Hayden Fry - their coach back in the 80’s- he was a Marine and seemed to be an all around class act. It didn’t hurt that their uniforms are so similar to the Steelers as well.

Although I love the White Out (which is a relatively new PSU tradition) - I think Iowa’s pre-game “The Wave” is hands down - the best tradition in college football - where the entire stadium waves to the children in the hospital that overlooks the stadium - gets you in the feels. No matter who wins today - it’ll be great.

View attachment 63261

Let me first say that even as a die-hard PSU fan - I have always loved Iowa - starting before Penn State joined the Big 10…I really admired Hayden Fry - their coach back in the 80’s- he was a Marine and seemed to be an all around class act. It didn’t hurt that their uniforms are so similar to the Steelers as well.

Although I love the White Out (which is a relatively new PSU tradition) - I think Iowa’s pre-game “The Wave” is hands down - the best tradition in college football - where the entire stadium waves to the children in the hospital that overlooks the stadium - gets you in the feels. No matter who wins today - it’ll be great.

Well great game! I thought PSU was going to run away with it in the 1sr quarter but props to Iowa for the gutsy win. I think Iowa will run the table in the west now…PSU still has a hard Michigan, Michigan St, and Ohio State.

Bama DESERVED to lose that game. Pathetic! I don’t know if they thought they could just waltz in there and have TA&M just roll over and let them win but it was lackluster effort and piss poor execution the majority of the game. Sad.

Bama, you earned that “L” tonight.

Oh and on the flip side, bravo to Texas A&M. Fantastic effort and execution. They were the better team tonight no denying. Congrats.

Bama DESERVED to lose that game. Pathetic! I don’t know if they thought they could just waltz in there and have TA&M just roll over and let them win but it was lackluster effort and piss poor execution the majority of the game. Sad.

That took me by surprise; blurs things a little in the playoff picture for sure

By the way- Next time can Alabama let Penn State know when they are going to lose so PSU an play harder? I figured even with a Win, the best Penn State could do it get a rank of #3. Your team is killing me Smalks 😂

Was watching Oklahoma - Kansas game and it was looking for a time that Oklahoma would lose. Y]Thought - hey PSU should move back up in the ranks then this happened

1635026132662.png

1635026030795.gif

I didnt realize what the OT rules were in college. I was so confused when I kept seeing the score go up by 2 points for each team lol. Obviously I wasn’t watching the game but when I saw some highlights about a half hour ago it all clicked 🤦🏻‍♂️

I didnt realize what the OT rules were in college. I was so confused when I kept seeing the score go up by 2 points for each team lol. Obviously I wasn’t watching the game but when I saw some highlights about a half hour ago it all clicked 🤦🏻‍♂️
It is so bizarre - the first overtime you can go for a touchdown or field goal, the second period you can do either again, but you must go foe 2 point conversion if you score a TD, for the 3rd overtime on - it is just going for 2 points. They did 9 OT’s

It is so bizarre - the first overtime you can go for a touchdown or field goal, the second period you can do either again, but you must go foe 2 point conversion if you score a TD, for the 3rd overtime on - it is just going for 2 points. They did 9 OT’s
And we still lost 😢

Our only hope now is to ruin Ohio State, Michigan State, and Michigan‘s seasons - if we can’t get it - no one should 😆
My step son was saying that this was kind of a throwaway game. They’re saving their QB for next week when it actually matters. And you know they’ll pull out all the stops against Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State!

My step son was saying that this was kind of a throwaway game. They’re saving their QB for next week when it actually matters. And you know they’ll pull out all the stops against Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State!
It would have been a throwaway if they had not lost to Iowa 2 weeks ago - and then Iowa lost to Purdue who lost to Wisconsin this week.

1635034597551.gif

Back