The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Mixed badger/boar? Yes Please! Great shave Chris and I love the pic as always!
Thanks, Don. And yeh, I'm quite pleasantly surprised with this knot!

Oh, BTW, I'm absolutely diggin' the fact that LSU trounced those Hairy Dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SR Shave #642:

I had a certain set up all planned for this morning, but called a last minute audible for two reasons. First off, the weather is not as cool as I thought it was going to be today, so a soap and frag change was in order. And secondly, once I saw that Craig just received a new Wacker razor, it motivated me to be a copy cat. So here was my audible:

Man oh man, do I ever have an uber sharp edge on this blade! Yessiree. Just two passes for a rock solid DFS. This razor is still king of the den!

The new Rudy Vey Shavemac DO1, 2-band whipped up a stellar Wholly Kaw lather, and my goodness is this ever an awesome soap! I totally dig the scent and it truly is one of my favorite rose scented shaving soaps.

Post shave was Aramis. O....M....G....this is THE perfect aftershave and frag for this soap!!!!! My gosh, how I dig Aramis! A powerhouse frag that takes me back to the 70's; love it! It was probably my favorite frag back in the day, and it still is one of my favorites. If this were the only frag available for the rest of my life, I'd die a happy camper! Aramis rocks! An excellent way to start the week!
1f44d.png

Tuesday's shave:

Still warm weather here at the house, so I chose a fantastic "summer" soap that always makes me smile. It's one I've had for about 4 or 5 years, and it pairs perfectly with the EdP of the day. Yep, it's the "Grape Soda":

I totally dig this Tiki "Grand Cru" soap, and this Dunhill Icon EdP!! My goodness, how I dig 'em! The scents remind me of yes, grape soda, or even better, a grape sno cone. Love 'em!

Two passes for a rock solid DFS. Then some Fine Snake Bite for a cold, slap-in-the-face. And finished up with the wonderful Icon Dunhill EdP. Marvelous!

Man, I love that Wacker! Dunhill Icon has been high on my list for a while, and I almost pulled the trigger on that and a bottle of Guerlain Heritage the other day. I'm glad I didn't since I wouldn't have been able to pick up what I did this morning, but they are both definite future purchases.

Which mixed knot did you have? I see that Maggard offers one now, and I was curious about it.

I had the Omega Mixed Midget. I wish I'd known that Maggards had a mixed knot. I would have added it to this morning's order lol.

Back