The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

That is a great goal to have! Sadly, I have only seen one MLB game in person and that was the Astros a million years ago.

Wow every park? I’m not much of a baseball fan, but that is quite an accomplishment to attempt. So which are the remaining 5?

Nice shave Chris. Have a fun and safe trip.

Thanks, Dave.

Great shave Chris. Vitos or Valobra are definitely next on the AD list after my Cella tub gets used up.

Great goal to see a pro baseball game in every park! Have a great week with family, sounds like a ton of fun.

Thanks, Chris. And roger that.

That is a great goal to have! Sadly, I have only seen one MLB game in person and that was the Astros a million years ago.

I’ve seen a few Astros games - in the old Astro Dome, as well as the new ballpark.

Wow every park? I’m not much of a baseball fan, but that is quite an accomplishment to attempt. So which are the remaining 5?

Toronto Blue Jays
Detroit Tigers
Cincinnati Reds
Washington Nationals
Florida Marlins

Nice shave. 'Jectah, woo hoo!

Have a great trip.

Thanks, Doug.

Toronto Blue Jays
Detroit Tigers
Cincinnati Reds
Washington Nationals
Florida Marlins

Dang, I was hoping the KC Royals would be one, and we could arrange a meet up someday when you came to town, lol.

Dang, I was hoping the KC Royals would be one, and we could arrange a meet up someday when you came to town, lol.

Oh, that’s still a possibility. Kauffman Stadium (if that’s what they still call it) is awesome - one of my favorite parks! Pulling up the artificial turf several years ago was a very smart move.

Oh, that’s still a possibility. Kauffman Stadium (if that’s what they still call it) is awesome - one of my favorite parks! Pulling up the artificial turf several years ago was a very smart move.
Yep, it’s Kauffman, or The K as it’s known around here.

Just got caught up. Nice shaves. Still love the Brian Brown in the ghost jade scales. Gorgeous.

The injector in your picture is, I believe, exactly the same injector that I have been using for clean-up and for Sunday shaves of late.

Catching up Chris!

Great shaves, pictures, and reads!

Hope you have a great and safe trip! Have Fun!

I'm not a baseball fan but that is quite the accomplishment!

Just got caught up. Nice shaves. Still love the Brian Brown in the ghost jade scales. Gorgeous.

The injector in your picture is, I believe, exactly the same injector that I have been using for clean-up and for Sunday shaves of late.

Thanks, Randall. And roger the injector. I like this particular model.

Catching up Chris!

Great shaves, pictures, and reads!

Hope you have a great and safe trip! Have Fun!

I'm not a baseball fan but that is quite the accomplishment!

Thanks, Craig.

Back from a mini-vacation. Did a bunch of stuff with my daughter in just a few days. For example: Rays/Yankees baseball game; Universal Studios Orlando; Clearwater Aquarium; Tarpon Springs sponge docks. My wife was busy with her event, but was able to join us for lunch at Tarpon Springs.

Anyway, as to the shaves.....

My set up for the week: I used 3 different soap samples (which I'll mention briefly), the Whipped Dog synthetic, the Merkur 42C w/Weber Wavy Handle and a Voskhod blade. Decent shaves with some nice soaps, but the Voskhod blades are lame. Aftershaves used were Pinaud Bay Rum, Mennen's Skin Bracer, and Fine Platinum.

Here's a quick impression of each soap sample used....

Lisa's "Black Velvet" Premium: I dig the scent of this one. The SOS is close to 4/5 on the SOS scale, and I'm happy to see the scents amped up with the premium version (of the ones I've used thus far). This is definitely a masculine scent that is extremely well done. To me, it reminded me of bay, green tobacco, vetiver, and amber. Loved it! And the performance was elite status with the water at the hotel.

Wholly Kaw "Jamestown Gentleman": A pleasant scent that is quite clean. It's about a 2/5 on the SOS scale. It's nice and "refined", but kind of "meh" for me.

Mystic Water "Poggio dei Pini": Another pleasant scent but very subtle at only a 1/5 on the SOS scale. To me, "meh"; nothing very remarkable about it for me.

I'll work on getting caught up with everyone......eventually.
1f60e.png

Nice shaves and glad the trip went well and you got the game in along with a lot more. I like the scent of Jamestown Gentlemen too but it is too light and all but disappears for me when lathered.

My Jectah is adjustable but it delivers an awesome shave for sure! Good stuff Chris.

Thanks, TJ. I haven't tried an adjustable injector......yet.
1f60e.png

Glad y'all had a great trip!

Good shaves!

Thanks, Craig.
Catching up, Chris - as always, great reads and great photos! Your shaves inspire.

Thanks, Brad.

Nice shaves and glad the trip went well and you got the game in along with a lot more. I like the scent of Jamestown Gentlemen too but it is too light and all but disappears for me when lathered.

Thanks, Dave. And I know what you mean about the Jamestown Gentlemen and the light scent.

SR Shave #621:

It was nice using a traditional straight razor again, and I decided to go with the Ralf Aust. I also was in an Old Spice kind of mood, so went with one of my favorite soaps, "Stirling Spice".

First, I gave the RA a slight maintenance/refresh - about a dozen light laps on the 12K, then some black ark finishing. I did two passes for a satisfying DFS, but I'd like the keeness of the edge brought up a bit. Next time, I'll either spend a bit more time on the 12K and black ark, or I may drop to the 8k and proceed up. But not a bad edge; I just want a tad bit more sharpness.

The Rudy Vey w/Shavemac 2-band silvertip (not DO1) whipped up a marvelous lather. I totally dig Stirling soaps. What can I say, other than I'm a fan of them, no doubt. And I totally dig the Stirling Spice - love the scent (and performance).

Finished up with, what else? Old Spice aftershave and cologne. What a great start to the day!

Great shave and picture Chris!

Since I think you own one of all three, which would you recommend the Wacker, Theirs-Issard, or the Ralf Aust, if one was looking to purchase a "new modern" straight?

Back