The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Nice shave, and a really nice DE.

I hope your daughter's performance goes well and that she enjoys it!

Chris great stuff. Enjoy the performance!

That is a beauty of a razor.

Always loved the 16's. Beautiful razor and nice shave.

That is really a beautiful razor!

Enjoy the evening watching your daughter's performance! I am sure it will be special and spectacular!

Thanks, Gents! And the performance was quite entertaining. My little girl really has a penchant for singing and acting.

Saturday's shave:

I'm on call today, so a quick, no-fuss, shave was in order this morning. With that being said, I chose this set-up:

Magnificent shave on all fronts! Two passes and some clean-up left me with a perfect BBS(-). My goodness, what a great start to the day. And man oh man, do I dig the MW Marrakesh! I absolutely love the scent of this soap! Love it! And the Rudy Vey w/Shavemac 2-band silvertip whipped up an elite status lather - marvelous! For me, MW in stick version, works perfectly fine with the water at my house. I really need to use MW more often!

Finished up with the AV aftershave, and then Bleu de Chanel EdP. Yes, I'm a happy camper right now.
1f60e.png

Great stuff Chris, and have to agree with you on MdC Fougere. Such a wonderful soap, and the fougere benchmark for me.

Great stuff Chris, and have to agree with you on MdC Fougere. Such a wonderful soap, and the fougere benchmark for me.

Thanks, Josh. And like I've mentioned before, fougere scents aren't really in my wheelhouse, but I definitely make an exception for the MdC Fougere!

Catching up again Chris!

Great shaves, reads, and pictures!

Glad to hear your daughter had a great performance!

SR Shave #616:

Just a quick, 2-passer this afternoon, following Church. This was the set-up:
I enjoyed the Mystic Water Marrakesh so much yesterday that I decided to use it again today; also used the same brush again as well. But I did change to a straight razor, the Ralf Aust. I gave it a little refresh the other day, about a dozen laps on the 12K and then finished on the Dan's Black Ark. It gave a nice shave, but only about CCS(+) as I have a lot on my mind. Finished up with Speick aftershave balm. Not too bad for a rushed shave.

Great picture and nice shave Chris!

Hope whatever you have on your mind is a good thing and if it's bad I hope its not as bad as perceived!

Been considering Mystic Waters because of reviews from KJ and now you with a shave stick. They're on my short list for next order when shave funds grow.

Nice shave and pic

Thanks, Dave.

Great picture and nice shave Chris!

Hope whatever you have on your mind is a good thing and if it's bad I hope its not as bad as perceived!

Thanks, Craig.

Been considering Mystic Waters because of reviews from KJ and now you with a shave stick. They're on my short list for next order when shave funds grow.

Well, I tell you what, if you want a stick, I'll PIF you one. Take your pick between "Vetiver & Oakmoss", or "Jeff's Lavender". Just PM me your addy if you want one.

SR Shave #617:

I can be hard-headed, so I've been told, as I am not easily defeated in a task that I've set out to accomplish. With that being said, I decided to re-hone the Sta Sharp razor that has been giving me fits. My last attempt, on July 2, proved to be an utter failure. I noted that I thought it would need at least one layer of tape for the next try, and so that's what I did. One layer of tape on the spine, and I went with my tried and proven honing regime...Chosera 1K, Naniwa 3/5/8/12K; then the Dan's Whetstone black ark for finishing.

First off, I am so glad that I got a higher power loupe, as I was able to make corrections where needed.

Secondly, here's the result.......Grade: A

Now in all fairness, I only did one pass because I just may offer this one up for sale. But I was very, very pleased with the edge. Just one pass gave me a smooth, CCS(+); that's after just one pass. Then I opted to do a second pass with the Merkur 34, and I ended up walking away with a rock solid DFS(+). Marvelous! BTW, the only reason I may be offering this one up is due to inventory redundancy.

Finally, let me mention the soap. OMG! I....TOTALLY....DIG....THIS....SOAP!!! I went back to CBL's Rose Oud that he had sent me about a month ago. I loved it then, I love it now. This soap is his masterpiece! The "Eric Custom" w/Cashmere knot whipped up an outstanding lather. Hands down elite status all the way. On Chad's scale, it's Elite/Box 1. Awesome! And post shave moisturizing is incredible. I finished off with some Hoyt's + Fine Snake Bite, and I didn't even use a balm afterwards (which I normally do). Fantastic!!!

Dang, you just know that's a Sorrentino brush by the finish!

Back