The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

One step forward...
Yepper..."Two steps back".

Great accents and finish on the FWE.

Thanks for the review!
Thanks, Chris.

Nice review of the soap Chris. AdG is a wonderful scent, though I'll stick with Nuavia Verde if I want one a soap like it. Bummer about the edge, the confusion of natural stones strikes again.
Thanks, Eric. I plan to use the Nuavia Verde tomorrow.

Nice read and job on the Arks Chris Good Stuff
Thanks, Dave.

Nice recovery with the safety razor when the edge wasn't up to snuff! That Glide scent sounds nice...though I've got some Verde sitting around.
Verde is a great scent - will be using it tomorrow.

Great review. I know you will have no problems recovering the edge on the FWE.
One day I'll get that razor back in shape.

Thanks for the description on the scent.
My pleasure, Don. BTW, I just ordered a couple of Noble Otter samples.

Getting caught up. A lot of great reads, especially about the honing. Congratulations on 600.

My pleasure, Don. BTW, I just ordered a couple of Noble Otter samples.

Excellent! Which scents did you go with? I am hoping to get my video review up today or tomorrow. I still have to add more video and then do some editing so it's not five hours long!
1f601.png

Excellent! Which scents did you go with? I am hoping to get my video review up today or tomorrow. I still have to add more video and then do some editing so it's not five hours long!
1f601.png

I ordered samples of: "The Noir et Vanille", and "Barrbarr". They were out of the others I was interested in.

Saturday's shave:

This afternoon felt like a "Super Speed Saturday" kind of shave, and I went with my birthyear/quarter flare tip that I had re-plated a while back. I slapped an Astra blade in, and it turned out to be a marvelous shave! Ended up with a wonderful BBS(-) that I could have turned into a BBS(+), but opted not to risk a visit from you-know-who. And the soap.....oh the soap....

I wanted to do a back-to-back comparison shave between the soap I used yesterday, the CRSW Glide Colonia Mediterranea, and this one:

Yepper, Panna Crema Nuavia Verde. Oh yeh, the scent is off-the-charts-awesome, as all who've used it know. There's no doubt, in terms of scent, that this Verde totally blows the CRSW Colonia away. Now that I've really gotten into this jar, more notes are emerging that makes it even more awesome. I actually picked up the bay quite a bit today, and that's a very good thing. The performance is so close to making it to "elite" status, but it just can't quite make it over the hump, even though the monster Rudy Vey Shavemac silvertip @ 32/64 whipped up an outstanding lather. But I will say that it's definitely an excellent soap, and one worth having around at all times.

In lieu of an aftershave, I finished up with just the bloomed water that I had set aside, and a final re-lather, then AdG to top it all off. My daughter and I had just gotten back from an afternoon at the pool, so this was a perfect set-up!

Nice shave with the Nuavia, Chris. It's hard for me to pick a favorite out of the three I've tried, they're all good, but Verde is such a good scent!

Great shave and pic Chris
A spectacular Saturday Shave!
Very nice!
Awesome shave and pic.
Getting caught up on some great stuff Chris! Way to go on 600
Nice shave with the Nuavia, Chris. It's hard for me to pick a favorite out of the three I've tried, they're all good, but Verde is such a good scent!
Great Saturday shave Chris!

Thanks, Gents! And Josh, I agree that all 3 Nuavia soaps are excellent. I go back and forth between the Verde and the Blu as my favorites, though.

SR Shave #602:

Just had a marvelous Sunday afternoon shave. I waited till returning home from Church so I could thoroughly enjoy the set up for today with no time constraints or stress of any kind.

It was "new brush day" and I'll echo what everyone else is saying about how awesome this new brush from Eric is. It's a work of art, for sure! And the Tuxedo fan is an excellent knot; as a matter of fact, today was the best lather I've coaxed from a Chiseled Face soap yet! Performance-wise, the soap doesn't quite crack the "elite" status for me, but it's still excellent. The scent, though.....oh my....the scent... My goodness, how I dig the scent of Ghost Town Barber! I just totally dig it!! And I'm thrilled that it's finally available in EdP - love it!!!

The razor of choice this afternoon was one that I specifically picked for today. It's the Kropp full hollow. One reason is that it happens to be one of my favorite razors, and I'm a mega fan of Sheffield steel. But the main reason(s) is to pay tribute to our friend, Eric. First, it just so happens that the scales of the Kropp match the handle of the new brush. And secondly, I finished honing this razor with Eric's surgical black Ark that he loaned me a while back. This razor's edge is still "razor sharp" and a fantastic blade!

So, Eric, many thanks!!!

Back