The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Saturday's shave:

The early morning Saturday shave was the following set-up:

G06qDcc.jpg

My goodness, how I dig the Chanel Pour Monsieur EdP. A great way to finish off from the AoS Lavender shaving cream. Excellent!

Sunday's shave:

Had an early morning shave before leaving for Divine Liturgy. About as basic as it gets. Here was the set-up:

oaYaLbV.jpg

I didn't even use a shaving brush - that's how good AoS shaving creams are. But the true reason is that I forgot to grab a brush prior and was in too big of a hurry (and too lazy) to go get one. Not a problem - AoS creams still work well without one. Did just one pass with the Merkur Progress and it was good enough for today. No post shave fragrance. I never wear a fragrance prior to church - for two reasons: (1) I don't want to potentially irritate a nearby parishioner, and (2) I don't want to be distracted during the service smelling the cologne I might have on - I'd rather enjoy the smell of the incense.

I did, however, late this afternoon after the pool, make liberal use of vintage Brut Special Reserve. My goodness, how I dig the scent of Brut. I just may have to go with a Brut set-up tomorrow!

I'm caught up, Chris. Sorry about the loss of your furry one. It's never easy to say goodbye to family.

I hope to have as many brushes and fragrances as you someday, and to be as good at SOTD pictures too. Tip of the hat, my good man.

I'm caught up, Chris. Sorry about the loss of your furry one. It's never easy to say goodbye to family.

I hope to have as many brushes and fragrances as you someday, and to be as good at SOTD pictures too. Tip of the hat, my good man.
Thank you, sir. Much appreciated. My wife and daughter wanted to get another dog soon, so we actually are getting a puppy in the very, very near future. We're getting a long coat chihuahua. We'll pick her up about the first week of September.

And if you're as nuts as me, you'll have more than enough brushes and fragrances soon enough! :cool:
Chris, I think you could take a glass of water and turn it into a top class pic.
Thanks, Sam. Hmmmm, you've given me an idea......
Chris the conscientious pew sitter! If it was me, they’d just have to deal. :ROFLMAO:
:cool:

Monday's shave:

I went with an all Brut scented shave today....

0nL5hrb.jpg

Mama Bear's "Brute" shaving stick is excellent. The scent is actually an extremely close representation of the real deal, and it's an outstanding performer for me. The Rudy Vey Shavemac Finest whipped up a wonderfully slick lather for the Merkur Progress (w/Persona Red) to do its magic.

Immediate post-shave was a re-lather, followed by cold water rinse, then several "glugs" of Brut aftershave. Finished off with some vintage Brut Special Reserve. A marvelous start to the day!

Monday's shave:

I went with an all Brut scented shave today....

0nL5hrb.jpg

Mama Bear's "Brute" shaving stick is excellent. The scent is actually an extremely close representation of the real deal, and it's an outstanding performer for me. The Rudy Vey Shavemac Finest whipped up a wonderfully slick lather for the Merkur Progress (w/Persona Red) to do its magic.

Immediate post-shave was a re-lather, followed by cold water rinse, then several "glugs" of Brut aftershave. Finished off with some vintage Brut Special Reserve. A marvelous start to the day!
Watch out passengers...a man is your pilot today!

Back