The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Love the packaging on the clone cologne! Sounds like one I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for. Do they sell in regular department stores at all or are they an online order?

.....Do they sell in regular department stores at all or are they an online order?
I'm pretty sure it's online only. And there's a 15% discount if you sign up on their website. And it's free shipping.
Enjoy the game and hope it's a dry one............................except for a couple beers of course 😎
Thanks, Dave. No beers for me, though.

Thursday's shave:

I'm late to the soap theme, but am participating today with the letter "K". I actually had several that I was considering, but the choice was obvious. K is for Kraken!

aSMxVKx.jpg

Ah yes - what a wonderfully clean and uplifting shave this morning. Not much I can say other than that. Totally diggin' this particular summer set up!

Oh, and last night, I made it through 7 innings of the Braves game, and then the rain arrived. Rather than wait it out, I headed back home. But it turned out that it didn't last long, so they ended finishing the game. Braves won, and now are in sole position of 1st place due to the Phillies loss. BTW, the new Braves ballpark is fantastic! Definitely in my "Top 10"!

Friday's shave:

Continuing with the soap theme this week....."L" is for Lemon. Thus:

dbB1kPa.jpg

I didn't even know that Myrsol made a shaving soap until recently, so I decided to grab a tub a few weeks ago. I was hoping for a nice lemon scent, but alas, there really isn't one, or any scent for that matter. It's basically an unscented soap. Oh well. At least the performance is surprisingly good! Extremely slick and nice post shave moisturizing feel. Is it worth a purchase? Performance-wise, it's solid Tier 1; but scent-wise, nope. If you want a wonderful lemon scented shaving soap, then look no further than MdC's "Agrumes". That is THE BEST lemon scented soap there is - hands down! No debate.

Still a very nice shave! Like I said, performance-wise, it's solid. The Rudy Vey 2-band Manchurian whipped an excellent lather; and the Merkur Progress glided along swimmingly.

Post shave was a re-lather, cold rinse, then Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blance EdP. I totally dig this fragrance!

I didn't even know that Myrsol made a shaving soap
My very first thought upon seeing your pic! Bummer the scent isn’t there. I love the aftershaves, but those scents are pretty fleeting too; they feel great though!

Saturday's shave:

Continuing with the soap theme this week, today is the letter, "M". I had several to choose from, but opted for Martin de Candre. Ah yes, the Fougere. Perfect day for it. Had a marvelous shave!

Finished everything off with Houbigant Fougere Royale EdP. Outstanding!

HKXuEI7.jpg

Finishing up the alphabet theme with the letter, "N", and that means Nanny's Silly Soap, Patchouli. A marvelous shave! About to head out to work now. Happy Father's Day!

nN7eOve.jpg

Super Speed w/Feather//Rudy Vey w/AMACK4 Game Changer synth//Nanny's Silly Patchouli//Sampson's balm//Creed Green Irish Tweed EdP

Back