The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Great shave with a beautiful razor. I hope that your natural honing continues to go well.

Dagwoodz said:
Great job on the touch up, Chris! Love the ghost jade scales on that BBRW...one of my favorites of yours!

Thanks, Josh. One of my favorites as well.

Cvargo said:
Good stuff and good luck at the dentist.

Thanks, Chad. All went well at the dentist; the pearly whites are still intact.

dkeester said:
Very nice shave. I am glad that you figured your Coti out.

Thanks, Doug. Figured out.....well, that's being generous.
1f60e.png

Quijote said:
Great shave with a beautiful razor. I hope that your natural honing continues to go well.

Thanks, Don.

I really like those ghost jade scales. I bought a sheet of ghost jade and orange wedge material but have yet to make any scales. I have enough for as many as three sets of scales (maybe more) but I don't know for sure which razor(s) i want to put the scales on. I have a wonderful Wade and Butcher that i think needs ghost jade but i also have an MK10 that might be a candidate.

Good job on the hone.

Great Shot on the photo, nice shave and Nice to see you got your Coti Mojo done

DocHoliday0831 said:
Nice read Chris

Thanks, TJ.

CBLindsay said:
I really like those ghost jade scales. I bought a sheet of ghost jade and orange wedge material but have yet to make any scales. I have enough for as many as three sets of scales (maybe more) but I don't know for sure which razor(s) i want to put the scales on. I have a wonderful Wade and Butcher that i think needs ghost jade but i also have an MK10 that might be a candidate.

Good job on the hone.

Thanks, CBL. I look forward to seeing photos of the jade scales you are going to be turning out soon.

Xenostr8shaver said:
Great Shot on the photo, nice shave and Nice to see you got your Coti Mojo done

Thanks, Dave.

clyde72 said:
Great shave and picture Chris!
Congrats on the Coti touch up!

Thanks, Craig.

Thursday's Shave:

I'll be heading off to work in a couple of hours, but started the day out right with what could be my only razor if push came to shove....

"IN...JEC...TOR"!!!

Did just two passes for a wonderful BBS(-); that's it, two passes, that's all that was needed.
1f60e.png

I also used the final Stirling sample from my recent mail call, the "Glastonbury". I've actually had a full puck of this at one time, but I don't know where it went - LOL. No biggie. The scent of Glastonbury can best be described as, "BOLD". This is a robust scent that rates a full-on 5/5 on the SOS scale. It's "in your face" patchouli, with some vetiver and oakmoss making itself known as well. It's nice for a change of pace, but I probably won't be ordering another full puck anytime soon. Performance-wise? Typical Stirling excellence! The Omega Pro really whipped up an outstanding lather. BTW, I totally dig the Omega Pro. I like this model way, way better than the Omega 49. The Pro has 5mm more loft than the 49, and it breaks in much better, IMHO. Actually, this Pro, and the Zenith, are my two favorite boar brushes. My Semogues have been surpassed.

Finished off with Sampson's unscented balm, then Creed's GIT EdP. Perfect for today!

Hope everyone has a good weekend! BTW, I think I'll take some Mystic Water samples along me on the road.

Good stuff today Chris. Glastonbury was just too bold for me to be honest. I have an Omega 49 somewhere I am going to have to pull it out.

Enjoy the clouds today!

Great pic, shave, and read. I have to agree with you about Injectors. They just work, even the aggressive ones.

Great set up and shave today Chris! I ended up PIFing my tub of Glastonbury...too bold with the patchouli for me, and SWMBO doesnt like it, lol.

Sorry I got behind Chris, but I'm caught up now. Glad you figured out your Coti, and it looks like Dave whipped your Black into shape.

All caught up, I'm digging that last pic. I actually got to try Creed a few months ago. It's on my dream list.

Back